Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Ruger Mark III. How would you rate the CCI Blazer ammo? Its like a jungle on opinions on .22 ammo. You have Walmart and the bulk Rem, Fed and Win. I use to shoot this in my 10/22.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That's a tough question to answer. Just about all .22's are fussy about what ammo they like to eat. Your best bet is to just try different brands and your MK III will tell what it likes best. I have very good luck with Federal bulk ammo. 36 gn. hollow points. Very few flyers and hardly any duds. That being said, yours may not like Federals at all. But that's half the fun, getting out and shooting a lot all sorts of different ammo.

·
Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,354 Posts
As Doc said, you should try a few brands to find out what your MKIII likes best (as well as what price best fits your wallet). I personally shoot Federal bulk most of the time for plinking and CCI if I want something a bit more accurate (my MKIII hates the Remington bulk). Good luck finding what's best for you.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Mine shoots anything from soft loads to powerhouse loads. Never misses. I prefer Stingers when hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I broke mine in with CCI mini-mags. After a few hundred rounds it'll feed anything. CCI Blazer are a decently accurate but a bit dirty.I plink with Fed bulk, Win bulk, CCI blazer, mini-mags, Fed automatch, Wildcats. For target practice I use CCI SV, Wolf MT, and Fed 510.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After app. 1,300 rounds through our new MKIII, Remington bulk produces the most FTE or FTF (a little over 1 per 100 rounds), followed by Federal bulk (about 1 per 200 or so).

Winchester bulk has been perfect to date, along with any other .22LR ammo that I have tried.

Mine is all stock, right out of the box.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have always have great luck with CCI Mini Mags. I use the hollow points for hunting and they drop squirrels easy. The Stingers are great too. They really pack a wallop.

I have had alot of bad expiriences with Remington rimfire ammo.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Both my MKIII's will eat whatever I feed it, but I broke it in with Aguila SuperMax. My MKIII Hunter is what I hunt with and I use the Aguila SuperExtra 36gr HP in it without any problems. With my MKIII 512 SS 5.5 I use CCI Blazers and Fed Bulk and again without any problems. If you plan on hunting with your MKIII I think that the sub-sonic ammo would be best, that's what I plan on changing to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.