Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions for the forum members. I have a Mark III that I really like a lot. I have taken apart many times for cleaning and would like to remove the magazine disconnect feature that would allow the magazine to fall out instead of having to be pulled out.

Question is, can I just remove the mag disconnect and fill the space with a washer? Are there any other modifications that need to be done.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Excellent thank you. So just to be clear all I need to do is remove the Mag Disconect and replace with the MKII hammer bushing? No need to change the hammer or sear or anything else?

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,417 Posts
Here's another solution: replace the mag disconnect and spring with washers totaling .1" thick. The OD must small enough where the washer(s) don't interfere with the sear. Here's a picture:

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you have access to machine tools you can make one of two options.

This spacer.

Or this style bushing.

The washer you saw is the .049" and .045" portion of the drawing with a .218" through hole. It just slides onto the existing Mark III bushing in place of the disconnector hook and return spring.

If you buy a Mark II hammer bushing it can be used with the Mark III hammer without any other modifications.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you can't come up with the spacer, you can always just replace the hammer and bushing with a MK II hammer and a MK II hammer bushing. I have done that in the process of giving a couple of MK IIIs a trigger job. Works fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you can't come up with the spacer, you can always just replace the hammer and bushing with a MK II hammer and a MK II hammer bushing. I have done that in the process of giving a couple of MK IIIs a trigger job. Works fine.
+1
I have done several mk iii to mk ii hammer swaps, works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts