Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a mk II last year & I love this gun! It is the target model with the bull barrel, and I am very impressed with its accuracy.

I am thinking about tweaking it a bit. Given your experience, where is the best place to start spending money? I thought about buying a "no drill" mount so that I can add a red dot, or fastfire sight. I also thought about tweaking the trigger.

Thoughts? Even better - pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Trigger first. VQ sear and a Clark bushing at a minimum. If you get serious about target shooting consider a red dot.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
First, how good/bad is the trigger? I've seen Marks of all vintages with pretty darn good triggers right out of the box and others that definitely needed work. If your MKII trigger needs a bit of help, just simply upgrading to a VQ sear will get you the most bang for the buck.

I strongly recommend the weigand mount. Have one on my MKIII Hunter. It's solid and offers a multitude of mounting slots.

As for red dots, Ultradots are probably the most used dots on the bullseye circuit, especially the Matchdot versions. Excellent quality and guaranteed for life. Have three on various guns and love them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! The trigger doesn't feel horrible, but I don't have another mk ii to compare it to. I don't think it will hurt to improve it, so VQ seems like a good start.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Just did an install of the VQ sear, and only the sear, in my friends new MKIII 512, last night. Made a significant difference. She's delighted with the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts