Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,I am lived in Italy and I am a great fan of Ruger Firearms. I have a Ruger mk3 and I wanted a magazine hight capacity but was not on the market So I thought I'd build one using two magazines ,one mk2 and one mk3 (top),the result is a long magazine that contains 22 rounds.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,038 Posts
Alverman, Looks bad, defeats the auto bolt lock-back, and must be hard to load without the thumb button. Other than that .... very innovative!!!

With the new MK III magazine release button located behind the trigger, I found I can do a rapid reload in just a few seconds ... especially after removing the magazine disconnect lever and spring. By shortening the spring guide at the base of the magazine, you can increase capacity to 11 rounds. I would much rather deal with a rapid reload than having a big honkin' magazine hanging out of the grip frame.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow! Cool. Not my cup of tea, but the world is full of people who have different tastes. Way to go!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, magazine fixed very well, and it does not fall even when shooting. Whit this shoulder stock can Make good shots over 50 meters.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
22 rounds of .22..... ;)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations on your innovation. I like it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
nice looking rig though I agree with Iowagen. I can drop my empty and have a new one in; in a heartbeat. with my extended floorplates, I have 22 rounds (23 if you count one in the chamber) and dont have a mag hanging way out my pistol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
RandyH, Others here will probably know better than me, but I'll bet it's illegal to put a stock on a pistol in the USA. I think it would make it a "SBR" (short barrel rifle). Believe it or not, that would land you in federal prison for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts