Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my MkII 5.5 Stainless bull barrel at the range this morning...once "settled" I had all my shots within the 6" target at 50 yds...much tighter at 25 yds. (yes I was shooting it with sandbags...this old guy just isn't steady enough to do it freehand).

I held 6:00 at 25 and center at 50...kept everything right in the middle of the target..

I'd like to do something with the front sight but after looking at the reviews of various sight replacements seems folks were having some issues with where the rounds were on target.

I think I would be satisfied simply putting a bit of paint on the front sight...maybe something luminescent? I've used red modeling paint on front sights in the past with "meh" results but that was many years ago...these days there are all sorts of brighter paints available.

<Thought I'd check with y'all forum folks on this...couldn't decide whether to place this thread at "optics" or here but chose here.>

And of course 75+ rds and ZERO malfs of any kind...what a sweet shooting thing it is:cool: I probably hadn't put any rounds through it in 3-4 years...

<tried to post a picture of the beauty with the nice wood Hogue grips but couldn't make it happen:rolleyes:>

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Here is fine. Will probably get more responses than in optics.

You can outfit a Target Mark with Williams Fiber Optic sights. Really do help with visibility. Another option we use is a red dot sight, but my husband much prefers the fiber optic sights.

Here's a Williams set on one of our Mark IIs.

·
Pony Soldier
8,745 Posts
I put the same sights on my 22/45, and they really helped my old eyes find the target quickly.
They are affordable and easy to install and adjust.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts