Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently re-ordered some moon clips to fit the 9MM SP101. Unfortunately, they've changed the specs and the new clips do not fit my SP101 9mm. The original moon clips have a larger center hole and slip nicely over the extractor for a flush fit. The new ones have a much smaller center hole and cannot be used...they won't slip over the star shaped extractor on the center of the cylinder. Has anyone else noticed this? Has Ruger changed its specs on the 9mm SP101? If so, what about we owners who have older SP101's with larger extractors on their revolvers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic....the 'brighter' finish moon clip is the original I got with the revolver. The Blued finish one is the new one, and is obviously smaller in the center, and also smaller in diameter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,583 Posts
That is for a LCR 9mm not a SP101. The top of the package states LCR moon clip. See if you can exchange. I have done that too!

·
Forlorn Hope
441 Posts
On top of rickclark28 pointing out that you seem to have purchased Moon Clips for the LCR, they DID change the specs for the SP101 9mm. If you have the model from the 90's, you are fine and can run any of them (except the LCR ones), but if you have the newer model, you can't use the 90's style Moon Clips...

or the after market Ranch Brand Moon Clips (Great for the old model)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a pic....the 'brighter' finish moon clip is the original I got with the revolver. The Blued finish one is the new one, and is obviously smaller in the center, and also smaller in diameter.
That is for a LCR 9mm not a SP101. The top of the package states LCR moon clip. See if you can exchange. I have done that too!
You're absolutely correct!!! I ordered the wrong clips....I'll try to re-order the correct ones....my bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts