Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Ruger MPR for $800 and I’m more than impressed. The trigger alone is a super added value. This is the only AR I own that won’t be getting a Geissele or Velocity Trigger. The 2-Stage Trigger that comes in it is a sweet 3.5 lbs and has a smooth transition to the second stage. 18” barrel provides excellent accuracy. Black Hills 77 gr TMK & 50 gr TSX were Sub- MOA. Out of the box, I fired about 600 rounds (a mix of 8 different rounds - including my HD stuff and cheap AMMO from different brands - .223 and 5.56) Not a single failure of any kind. Performed flawlessly. I highly recommend!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine recently at a great price, just days before the frenzy started. I'm very happy with it. The trigger is great. I've been using it with a Romeo 5 red dot. Fantastic combination.

Dave
Have you noticed how tight everything is ... especially everything in the BCG?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Picked up a Ruger MPR for $800 and I’m more than impressed. The trigger alone is a super added value. This is the only AR I own that won’t be getting a Geissele or Velocity Trigger. The 2-Stage Trigger that comes in it is a sweet 3.5 lbs and has a smooth transition to the second stage. 18” barrel provides excellent accuracy. Black Hills 77 gr TMK & 50 gr TSX were Sub- MOA. Out of the box, I fired about 600 rounds (a mix of 8 different rounds - including my HD stuff and cheap AMMO from different brands - .223 and 5.56) Not a single failure of any kind. Performed flawlessly. I highly recommend!
I have to agree, a lot of bang for the buck. I got mine soon after they came out on pre order from Outdoor Super Store. $559.99 shipped. I do like that trigger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats, and mine was here shortly bedore March including several ventures out for that initial time with various 223- 556 ammo.

They are great! Welcome to the MPR Club.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, and mine was here shortly bedore March including several ventures out for that initial time with various 223- 556 ammo.

They are great! Welcome to the MPR Club.
I’ll bet the MPR is among the Top Sellers in the world. And thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have to agree, a lot of bang for the buck. I got mine soon after they came out on pre order from Outdoor Super Store. $559.99 shipped. I do like that trigger.
if you purchased an AR within the last 3 months, you paid for COVID19 markup. But enjoy it regardless of how much you paid

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you purchased an AR within the last 3 months, you paid for COVID19 markup. But enjoy it regardless of how much you paid
Happy to do it! I paid the same markup for my 2k rounds of my 5.56 - FEDERAL 62 Grain XM556SBCT3, my 1k rounds of 5.56 BLACK HILLS 77 Grain TMK, my 1k rounds of 5.56 BLACK HILLS 50 Grain TSX, and 600 rounds of .308 168GR Federal Tactical Bonded (LE308TT2). And with numerous firearms and 24k of ammo, I didn’t have to have another AR or more ammo ... but as is the case with all of this ... I never know what tomorrow will look like. “IF YOU STAY PREPARED, YOU AIN’T GOTTA GET PREPARED!” ~Cletus Ray Montgomery~

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an MPR in 556 also. Got mine just before the rona hit in January for $575. A steal. Have you guys noticed the crazy stiff/strong buffer spring? More force than normal to charge the rifle and I have 30 years behind M16A2 ar m4 etc. just checking if this is normal for the MPR.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got an MPR in 556 also. Got mine just before the rona hit in January for $575. A steal. Have you guys noticed the crazy stiff/strong buffer spring? More force than normal to charge the rifle and I have 30 years behind M16A2 ar m4 etc. just checking if this is normal for the MPR.
Indeed, you got an amazing deal! Well done. Even at $800, I’m 100% happy.

As for the buffer spring ... EVERYTHING is extra snug and tight! When I disassembled the BCG, I couldn’t believe it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Out of curiosity, I’ve been checking the inventory and price of the MPR online. I can’t find a single store that has them in inventory ... and the last two on Gunbroker went north of $900 (the last two brought $926 and $950 - plus, you have to add an average shipping price of $35 - $50).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts