Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own one yet,still saving up.Of course if I had the money then it would take awhile to decide on what caliber.:DSo till then how about some pix to drewl over ?Show 'em if ya got 'em.:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Here is my #1 alongside my Browning Highwall for comparison sake. The Ruger is chambered in .270 Weatherby Magnum and the Browning in .22-250.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, thanks for sharing.You must be the only member that owns one.lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately I had to sell this #1s several months ago, as money is tight on an LTDI income, over the years I have owned two Ruger #1's, I had a Ruger #1b in 7mm Rem Mag and this one, a Ruger #1s in .338 Win Mag. No I didn't need a .338 to harvest the Whitetail but thats what was in my hands when the Buck appeared. My shot only wrecked about 5# of meat as I shot it through the lungs & heart, busted a rib going in & another going out. The Buck immediately fell down dead, no tracking required.:D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice buck and nice rifle in a macho calibre.Thanks for sharing VerySavage.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Here are some of mine.
Top is a Browning then a 270 then a 220 Swift then at the bottom is a 22-250 with a Canjar trigger.
Rugers missing from the pic are a No.1V in 223 with a Line-x coated stock and forearm (truck gun) and a No.1V in 6ppc

·
Registered
320 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Hairtrigger

Here are some of mine.
Top is a Browning then a 270 then a 220 Swift then at the bottom is a 22-250 with a Canjar trigger.
Rugers missing from the pic are a No.1V in 223 with a Line-x coated stock and forearm (truck gun) and a No.1V in 6ppc
Get your towels ready,I'm drooolin !:D
Now, if you had one in 45-70......;)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I can post a pic of my 6mmPPC if you want to see what a rifle looks like after a hard life and abuse in Alaska

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Nice rifles, guys! The #1 is one of the very few Rugers I have never had the honor of owning.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Here is the gun with "character"
Knowing how few of these were made it bums me out the condition.

It makes you want to cry, don't it?

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
To me a large part of the value of some guns that I have is the sentimental value of the memories behind them. I can imagine that the memories behind the gun would make it more valuable than some of the nice looking ones. I like guns that have been used and all of mine has.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ratgunner, may I suggest the #1 RSI in 7X57? That's the full length stock with a 20" bbl. It's one classy looking rifle. The 7X57 is a very easy to shoot cartridge too. Frank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Between my brother, my dad, and I we own 7 No.1s, and you couldn't pay us enough to purchase any of the from us. They are one of the best shooting rifles made, as long as you know how to reload for them.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ratgunner, may I suggest the #1 RSI in 7X57? That's the full length stock with a 20" bbl. It's one classy looking rifle. The 7X57 is a very easy to shoot cartridge too. Frank
Yep,thats a good 'ole cartridge.I also like the .257 Roberts in a No.1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ratgunner, I have a .257 Roberts No. 1 and that little bugger will drive tacks. Awsome Caliber!:D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts