Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent a P 85 to Ruger for the safety modification. They received it on Dec. 10. It arrived at my door today ( eastern GA) Dec. 14 at just after noon. Now that's what I call customer service!

As an aside to this, in the mid/late 70's I worked part time after school and on weekends at a small gun shop. I can remember that the average turn around time back then for all the major gun makers was 2 or 3 months. Ruger and H & R were usually somewhat quicker.

Of course this was before the days of internet tracking numbers and such, but even still, average gun manufacturer repair turn around time is light years faster than 40 yrs. ago.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Sent a P 85 to Ruger for the safety modification. They received it on Dec. 10. It arrived at my door today ( eastern GA) Dec. 14 at just after noon. Now that's what I call customer service!

As an aside to this, in the mid/late 70's I worked part time after school and on weekends at a small gun shop. I can remember that the average turn around time back then for all the major gun makers was 2 or 3 months. Ruger and H & R were usually somewhat quicker.

Of course this was before the days of internet tracking numbers and such, but even still, average gun manufacturer repair turn around time is light years faster than 40 yrs. ago.
When was this recall notified? It has to be years ago.

Just checked. It applies to unit built between 1987 and 1990.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This P 85 safety recall was issued by Ruger in the mid 90's. The P 85 that I just received back for the safety modification was purchased by me at a pawn shop recently. I'm thinking there are still quite a few P 85 pistols out there that have not been sent in for the safety recall. This is the third P 85 I have sent back in recent years for the recall.

·
Registered
783 Posts
They stamp a MII on the de-cocker if I remember right, so you can tell if they had the update or not.
They are very hard to beat when it comes to customer service:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes on the MKIIR stamp on the safety/decock lever. This one I just received back has the left side safety/decock lever stamped. The other two P 85's I sent back the last couple of years have the same marking stamped on the right side safety/decock lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts