Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spotted me a nice Ruger P-93 9mm pistol...nice-looking...very clean...price is mid-$400's???

Question: does anyone own one?

How well do you like it?

How accurate is it?

What do you like best about it?

What do you dislike about it?

What sort of issues, if any, does it have?

Price...is it worth $450 + tax? I've seen some for $200 less...but they don't look near as nice as the one I saw today!

(I have a P-97 DAO that I absolutely love...I'm just curious as to how well this P-93 would compare size-wise and performance-wise?)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
My P94 is great, but I wouldn't pay $450 unless it came with several 15 rnd mags or preferably the 17 rounders. I expect the 93 is the same, with maybe a smidgen of muzzle flip and slight difference in balance.

The alloy frames have a different feel, and Hogue grips make them feel excellent.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Spotted me a nice Ruger P-93 9mm pistol...nice-looking...very clean...price is mid-$400's???

How well do you like it?

How accurate is it?

Price...is it worth $450 + tax? I've seen some for $200 less...but they don't look near as nice as the one I saw today!

(I have a P-97 DAO that I absolutely love...I'm just curious as to how well this P-93 would compare size-wise and performance-wise?)
Yep, i one, heck i own every p series made except the p89x, or 9x21 variant. The p93 is a great little pistol, it feels very similar to the p94. Its size and feel is almost identical to the 94 aka 944 in 40sw. I would say accuracy is par with the rest of the p series pistols. Its accurate as the shooters skills I would say. I have never had an issue with mine, owned it several years bought it bnib. Its smaller than the p97 and its recoil is less being a 9mm. It will use the same mags as the p89, and p95. The thing I like about it over the p95, 97, 345 is that you can change the grip, out for a hogue wrap around, and do not have to use a slip on like with the polymer lower pistols. I am unaware of any problems they have, never heard mention of any by anybody else either. I would say the grip is larger than the p97, and pistol is a little heavier, but feels more robust, and not in a negative way. At $450 thats a deal, I paid $525 for mine, about 5 years ago. But it was a p series at the time I didn't have, or easily found. I would say go for it. Have you seen my p series collection? They are in this thread...

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols...-my-p-series-collection-p345.html#post1803272

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, i one, heck i own every p series made except the p89x, or 9x21 variant. The p93 is a great little pistol, it feels very similar to the p94. Its size and feel is almost identical to the 94 in 40sw. I would say accuracy is par with the rest of the p series pistols. Its accurate as the shooters skills I would say. I have never had an issue with mine, owned it several years bought it bnib. Its smaller than the p97 and its recoil is less being a 9mm. It will use the same mags as the p89, and p95. The thing I like about it over the p95, 97, 345 is that you can change the grip, out for a hogue wrap around, and do not have to use a slip on like with the polymer lower pistols. I am unaware of any problems they have, never heard mention of any by anybody else either. I would say the grip is larger than the p97, and pistol is a little heavier, but feels more robust, and not in a negative way. At $450 thats a deal, I paid $525 for mine, about 5 years ago. But it was a p series at the time I didn't have, or easily found. I would say go for it. Have you seen my p series collection? If not I will post a picture.
That's helpful info...thanks! I sort of shied away from the P-Series pistols for years, mainly due to me being a revolver-guy, but since I got my P-97 (DAO) I've been so impressed I've started noticing them in the case(s)!

Please post a pic...I would love to see your collection!

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
I have posted this before, but here is my collection, the newest is the 345. I have not had time to take a complete group photo yet. I also own 2 p95's, the blued one is missing from the picture as well, my wife confiscated it for her personal use.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,646 Posts

How well do you like it?

How accurate is it?

I have a P-95 and love it. Bought it used for 350 at a gun show from a private citizen. 400 range is to high in my opinion. I would love to have a P-93 but not at that price.

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
I have posted this before, but here is my collection, the newest is the 345. I have not had time to take a complete group photo yet. I also own 2 p95's, the blued one is missing from the picture as well, my wife confiscated it for her personal use.:rolleyes:

I hate when you repost this picture, it makes me P-series envious. I have 3 P-series in my collection. I want more ... I need more ...

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
I hate when you repost this picture, it makes me P-series envious. I have 3 P-series in my collection. I want more ... I need more ...
:D its the least I can do. I agree, you need one of them all.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Tacky...that's one heck of a nice-looking collection of P-Series pistols...congrats!

I wasn't aware of how nice the P-series pistols were until I got my P-97 DAO...now they catch my eye!

I'm still considering the P-93...made an offer on it today...it was not accepted!

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Tacky...that's one heck of a nice-looking collection of P-Series pistols...congrats!

I wasn't aware of how nice the P-series pistols were until I got my P-97 DAO...now they catch my eye!

I'm still considering the P-93...made an offer on it today...it was not accepted!
Thanks, I am a lover of them as well, the are a working collection since I shoot them, and collect them. The p series guns are tanks, some say over built, I say robust. Never had one single issue with them in the 20 years I have been shooting them. I am sure they will far outlast me. I have seen the price climb since they are no longer made, like I said I paid $525 for my kp93 5 years ago, it was bnib at a gunshow, stickers still attached, I knew I wouldn't find another in that condition, and the 93 is not exactly easy to find, same with the 91 around here, so I was willing to pay a little extra to check off one more place in my collection. It was worth it. I wish you luck , and if it does become yours, I am sure you will be happy with it, its a tough gun. ;)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I am a lover of them as well, the are a working collection since I shoot them, and collect them. The p series guns are tanks, some say over built, I say robust. Never had one single issue with them in the 20 years I have been shooting them. I am sure they will far outlast me. I have seen the price climb since they are no longer made, like I said I paid $525 for my kp93 5 years ago, it was bnib at a gunshow, stickers still attached, I knew I wouldn't find another in that condition, and the 93 is not exactly easy to find, same with the 91 around here, so I was willing to pay a little extra to check off one more place in my collection. It was worth it. I wish you luck , and if it does become yours, I am sure you will be happy with it, its a tough gun. ;)
Thanks...I made a counter offer to it yesterday...we'll see what happens?

Another guy I spoke with said his 93 is one of his favorites of all the P-Series pistols...said it just shoots nice!

Oh...we were in Cherokee, NC over Labor Day weekend...camping and hiking in the Smokey Mountains with our kids (ages 10, 8, and 7)...the boys were disappointed that they didn't get to see a bear in the wild!

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Thanks...I made a counter offer to it yesterday...we'll see what happens?

Another guy I spoke with said his 93 is one of his favorites of all the P-Series pistols...said it just shoots nice!

Oh...we were in Cherokee, NC over Labor Day weekend...camping and hiking in the Smokey Mountains with our kids (ages 10, 8, and 7)...the boys were disappointed that they didn't get to see a bear in the wild!
I wish you luck. I think out of all my favorite is the p89, although my p90 is closest to my heart being my first. I am more accurate with the 89, one single keyhole, and a baseball at 25 yards. The others are not far behind.

Cherokee aye, I was in gatlinburg and pigeon forge that weekend on my honeymoon, we had an awesome time. So we weren't far apart.;) Small world huh?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish you luck. I think out of all my favorite is the p89, although my p90 is closest to my heart being my first. I am more accurate with the 89, one single keyhole, and a baseball at 25 yards. The others are not far behind.

Cherokee aye, I was in gatlinburg and pigeon forge that weekend on my honeymoon, we had an awesome time. So we weren't far apart.;) Small world huh?
I have a brother who has two (2) P-89's...he loves 'em!

Yup...we were pretty close except for all that traffic that weekend! WOW!

Congrats on getting married! There's nothing like a good wife!

I found one at age 37...one of the best things in my life!

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Yep, i one, heck i own every p series made except the p89x, or 9x21 variant. The p93 is a great little pistol, it feels very similar to the p94. Its size and feel is almost identical to the 94 aka 944 in 40sw. I would say accuracy is par with the rest of the p series pistols. Its accurate as the shooters skills I would say. I have never had an issue with mine, owned it several years bought it bnib. Its smaller than the p97 and its recoil is less being a 9mm. It will use the same mags as the p89, and p95. The thing I like about it over the p95, 97, 345 is that you can change the grip, out for a hogue wrap around, and do not have to use a slip on like with the polymer lower pistols. I am unaware of any problems they have, never heard mention of any by anybody else either. I would say the grip is larger than the p97, and pistol is a little heavier, but feels more robust, and not in a negative way. At $450 thats a deal, I paid $525 for mine, about 5 years ago. But it was a p series at the time I didn't have, or easily found. I would say go for it. Have you seen my p series collection? They are in this thread...

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols...-my-p-series-collection-p345.html#post1803272
There's a KP89x on GunBroker right now. $400 opening bid / no reserve (not my auction)

·
Registered
9,646 Posts
There's a KP89x on GunBroker right now. $400 opening bid / no reserve (not my auction)
I think you mis-read the auction ... the only one I seen was starting at $930 with no reserve.

·
Registered
392 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_P-Series
(for example-- ARMSLIST - For Sale: Ruger P93)

so the P-93 is a 1/2" shorter, "compact" version of the alloy P-series.

I got a P-89 and a P-90 a few years back when nobody wanted an "obsolete", metal, Da/Sa pistol. ($250-300). so it turns out that Sig and CZ are still in the "obsolete" gun business and cost 2X-3X the money.

good luck and good shooting. (there's a nice, almost never fired P series gun hiding on the bottom shelf of some pawn shop, somewhere, waiting to be discovered.
"geez, them old Rugers sure were hideous, ya think it still shoots, man your askin a lot of money for that, I just need a toolbox gun, nothing fancy..........) (hehehehe).

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts

Ahhh, I wish I had the funds, but you know I am still funding my lr308 carbine project right now. It will happen eventually, thats a given.
I did see one in the $900 range, it was an 89x, with both barrels, a 9x21 barrel, and a 356 tsw barrel. It is interesting, but right now my funds are allocated.;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_P-Series
(for example-- ARMSLIST - For Sale: Ruger P93)

so the P-93 is a 1/2" shorter, "compact" version of the alloy P-series.

I got a P-89 and a P-90 a few years back when nobody wanted an "obsolete", metal, Da/Sa pistol. ($250-300). so it turns out that Sig and CZ are still in the "obsolete" gun business and cost 2X-3X the money.

good luck and good shooting. (there's a nice, almost never fired P series gun hiding on the bottom shelf of some pawn shop, somewhere, waiting to be discovered.
"geez, them old Rugers sure were hideous, ya think it still shoots, man your askin a lot of money for that, I just need a toolbox gun, nothing fancy..........) (hehehehe).
Correct the 93, 94, 944, 95, 97 all have similiar slides, smaller more rounded than the previous p series.

Yeah thats exactly what I would say if I ran across a barn find like that. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
P-series envy

Tacky, you have a truly swoon-worthy collection there. I have a P85 that was originally my dad's and was hooked the first time I fired it. I would love to get my hands on a P93, but they're akin to hens' teeth. Gonna keep looking, though :D

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I think you mis-read the auction ... the only one I seen was starting at $930 with no reserve.
No, I read it correctly. P89, in stainless steel, 2 10-round magazines in the plastic case with the extra space for the .30 Luger barrel and recoil spring. Ends on Nov 9. Still no bids, with no reserve and a $399 opening bid.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
Tacky, you have a truly swoon-worthy collection there. I have a P85 that was originally my dad's and was hooked the first time I fired it. I would love to get my hands on a P93, but they're akin to hens' teeth. Gonna keep looking, though :D
Thanks wilson, I am glad that everyone enjoys them as much as I do. Usually when friends see my collection, they are like wow, I did not know that ruger made that many different pistols, I am glad to have a few of them.;)

No, I read it correctly. P89, in stainless steel, 2 10-round magazines in the plastic case with the extra space for the .30 Luger barrel and recoil spring. Ends on Nov 9. Still no bids, with no reserve and a $399 opening bid.
Im on my way there to check it out now...;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts