Ruger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the P944DAO,ex- LE pistol, and companion to the PC4 carbine. The 40 cal cartridge feels very tame in these heavy metal workhorses. The P guns were marketedd to law enforcement, but had few takers. (see photos )

Reactions: RooGerDooger

·
Registered
83 Posts
I consider the Ruger P-Series to be a "gateway" gun. With styling a hat tip to the 1911 and the Browning Hi-Power, what's not to like? Their aluminum frames were an early nod to the current crop of "lightweight" carry firearms. Built like tanks and shoot just about anything you want to run through them.

My early penchant for the P-Series is what led me into collecting and accumulating some of the finest firearms available.

Did I mention that they are affordable too?

·
"The Real Deal"
6,748 Posts
What confused me is I want .40 mags for my P94DC. They are listed on Gunmagwarehouse as doing both(?) o_O
Well the kp94 was a 9mm early on, then the kp944 is 40 sw. Both have P94 on the slide, but they are two different models. Thats probably why. Im sure the 9mm 94 uses the same mag as the 89, 93,and 95. The 91, and 944 use the same mags best i remember to both being 40sw.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a P89, & a P90. They are not very concealable unless it's winter, & you're wearing a big coat, but I love them both. They are iron horses.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can hide them. I saw a P model on Armslist with 5 mags in .40 way out East. I love .40. If it is still out there in 2 weeks I may make the long-long drive.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,748 Posts
I can hide them. I saw a P model on Armslist with 5 mags in .40 way out East. I love .40. If it is still out there in 2 weeks I may make the long-long drive.
My kp91 came all the way from iowa to the east, found it on gun broker, paid for it and had it shipped to my local FFL, no issues several years ago.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My kp91 came all the way from iowa to the east, found it on gun broker, paid for it and had it shipped to my local FFL, no issues several years ago.
The one I found was on Armslist. He might not like my offer. It's a .40, nobody wants .40 anymore. 🤪

·
Registered
272 Posts
The P85 was actually going to be Rugers answer to the military bids in 1985 for a replacement to the 1911. Ruger was a little late to the party and Berretta got the contract. Just look at the specs between the P85 and the Berretta 92FS. The P85 did finally go out in 1987. Some foreign military's as well as a few police agencies picked them up.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,748 Posts
The one I found was on Armslist. He might not like my offer. It's a .40, nobody wants .40 anymore. 🤪
Well good luck, maybe you can deal. The 2 hardest to find in my collection was the Kp91, and Kp93, rest were not so bad, purchased locally overtime.

Reactions: RooGerDooger
21 - 32 of 32 Posts