Ruger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have the P944DAO,ex- LE pistol, and companion to the PC4 carbine. The 40 cal cartridge feels very tame in these heavy metal workhorses. The P guns were marketedd to law enforcement, but had few takers. (see photos )

Reactions: RooGerDooger

·
Registered
84 Posts
I consider the Ruger P-Series to be a "gateway" gun. With styling a hat tip to the 1911 and the Browning Hi-Power, what's not to like? Their aluminum frames were an early nod to the current crop of "lightweight" carry firearms. Built like tanks and shoot just about anything you want to run through them.

My early penchant for the P-Series is what led me into collecting and accumulating some of the finest firearms available.

Did I mention that they are affordable too?

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
What confused me is I want .40 mags for my P94DC. They are listed on Gunmagwarehouse as doing both(?) o_O
Well the kp94 was a 9mm early on, then the kp944 is 40 sw. Both have P94 on the slide, but they are two different models. Thats probably why. Im sure the 9mm 94 uses the same mag as the 89, 93,and 95. The 91, and 944 use the same mags best i remember to both being 40sw.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a P89, & a P90. They are not very concealable unless it's winter, & you're wearing a big coat, but I love them both. They are iron horses.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can hide them. I saw a P model on Armslist with 5 mags in .40 way out East. I love .40. If it is still out there in 2 weeks I may make the long-long drive.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
I can hide them. I saw a P model on Armslist with 5 mags in .40 way out East. I love .40. If it is still out there in 2 weeks I may make the long-long drive.
My kp91 came all the way from iowa to the east, found it on gun broker, paid for it and had it shipped to my local FFL, no issues several years ago.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My kp91 came all the way from iowa to the east, found it on gun broker, paid for it and had it shipped to my local FFL, no issues several years ago.
The one I found was on Armslist. He might not like my offer. It's a .40, nobody wants .40 anymore. 🤪

·
Registered
272 Posts
The P85 was actually going to be Rugers answer to the military bids in 1985 for a replacement to the 1911. Ruger was a little late to the party and Berretta got the contract. Just look at the specs between the P85 and the Berretta 92FS. The P85 did finally go out in 1987. Some foreign military's as well as a few police agencies picked them up.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
The one I found was on Armslist. He might not like my offer. It's a .40, nobody wants .40 anymore. 🤪
Well good luck, maybe you can deal. The 2 hardest to find in my collection was the Kp91, and Kp93, rest were not so bad, purchased locally overtime.

Reactions: RooGerDooger

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Help!
What are your guy's preference when it come to the "P" series in .45 caliber? I have a very good chance to pickup one tomorrow. The guy has a P90, P97 and a P345 that are supposed to be in excellent condition. Each has x2 mags with box. I know this guy and he is a stand up vet so all three I would have confidence in. Outside of buying all 3 I will be limiting myself for now to just one.(maybe)
*I have been looking for a long time and want to make the correct decision for me. This will be a range tool, a night stand and home defense firearm.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
Help!
What are your guy's preference when it come to the "P" series in .45 caliber? I have a very good chance to pickup one tomorrow. The guy has a P90, P97 and a P345 that are supposed to be in excellent condition. Each has x2 mags with box. I know this guy and he is a stand up vet so all three I would have confidence in. Outside of buying all 3 I will be limiting myself for now to just one.(maybe)
*I have been looking for a long time and want to make the correct decision for me. This will be a range tool, a night stand and home defense firearm.
Well i own all three. My favorite is the kp90dc, its heavy but being able to switch out the grip panel is great. Second the Kp97, its lighter. and would be easier to carry all day versus the 90. Fit and function are the same between the 2. A slip on hogue is your only option for grips. The Kp345 last. Its a good pistol, but i do not like the magazine disconnect for the firing pin. Its the only p series made that way. Slip on is rhe only option for it too. You can however add a light or laser on its rail, not so with the 90, or 97. So my choices are P90, P97, then P345. If i was gonna carry it all day, the 97 wins out.

Just my opinion.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
In addition the 90s weight helps it soak up recoil. Had one since 2001, never a misfire, jam or otherwise. The 97 feels just like the p95, very similiar just bigger caliber. The 97 has a little stiffer trigger draw. Never a problem out of it or my 345 either. But my 90 and 97 have more rounds through them. If they had made the 345 without the magazine disconnect, or able to fire without a magazine as the others were id like it more, despite that its a good pistol. Just has a more glock or newer polymer pistol feel / design to it. Not bad, just different. Also the mags are the same for all 3 pistols.

Reactions: rickclark28

·
Registered
203 Posts
Never heard of a P345. I have a P90, love it! Have the P97, haven't shot it yet. The 97 has a slightly smaller grip for someone with smaller hands.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
1.) Got a P345 with me and driving home now. Very happy. This journey has been a long one. But finally I have a "P" Series Ruger to start my collection.
2.) When I got to the seller the P90 and P97 was sold. This P345 looks brand new and he reported "less than 100 rounds" and it sure looks like it was never fired. It came with a box, loader and x2 mags.
3.) I will post a pic later when I get home tonight. I have a few questions. Thanks to all members here and special thanks to rmichael63 and tacky-> the great enablers...

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
8,078 Posts
1.) Got a P345 with me and driving home now. Very happy. This journey has been a long one. But finally I have a "P" Series Ruger to start my collection.
2.) When I got to the seller the P90 and P97 was sold. This P345 looks brand new and he reported "less than 100 rounds" and it sure looks like it was never fired. It came with a box, loader and x2 mags.
3.) I will post a pic later when I get home tonight. I have a few questions. Thanks to all members here and special thanks to rmichael63 and tacky-> the great enablers...
Awesone buddy, waiting for the pics. You made a good choice!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts