Ruger Forum banner

Ruger P-Series question (stainless slides)

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  geroux 
#1 ·
Gents,

I'm seeing quite a few photos of P-Series guns across this forum that have bead blasted slides. All of my P-Series guns except the KP94 have slides with polished flats.

I purchased the KP94 last, with the P85-MKII, the P-90, and P-91 having been acquired earlier.

Does anyone know what year Ruger stopped doing polished flats on their stainless slides?

Z

See less See more
#4 ·
Interesting topic. I have 6 P-guns ranging from 1993 Mfr thru 2010. Only the P89 Made in 1993 is actually machined Slick & shiney, All off the rest seem to be a matt finish. It would be cool if we knew all the answers! Another curious observation, Why did they only install the Lanyard ring on certain builds? I've got 2.
Either way I cherish my collection, and would never part with them
Good luck
Dave

Here is the link your asking about

#6 ·
Not all serials numbers (particularly ones shipped before records were kept electronically) are available via this lookup. For older records, please select a product line below to view it's approximate first serial number shipped for the indicated year or contact Customer Service.
There is a box that comes up at the bottom of the page for additional searches.

#7 ·
Out of my battalion my P85mkII has a mirror polished slide, all the rest are polished up to my 345, but not mirrored like the early one.

Reactions: ZoidMeister
#9 ·
An update on my P-Series guns (these all have stainless slides, therefore should have a "K" in the model number):

P85-MKII - lists as 1990 mfg - Polished Flats
P90DC - lists as 1991 mfg - Polished Flats
P91DC - serial look up comes back as an SR Series, which it is not - bead blasted flats
P944 - lists as 1999 mfg - bead blasted flats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.