Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up a P345 a couple weeks ago and have put about 150 rounds through it. It has functioned great except a little problem I am having the pin that I believe holds the hammer in place has twice now, worked out just a hair and I just push it back in, I noticed today it is all the way out and turned around backwards... is this something other people are having issues with? thanks.

BTW it is the pin that is squared on one side and rounded facing the chamber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Haven't heard of that being a issue with that particular model. Its quite common for new guns to have loose pins or sights. You might look at Coffee Pots post in this thread.http://www.rugerforum.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2624
I looked at that but im think it is the pin that the actuall hammer rotates on, I would hate to go bending that, especialy because it would take a heck of a bend to stop it from coming out... I think bending that would more or less relocate the hammer.... Maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You aren't the first one to experience this issue. The ejector holds the pin in place. If the ejector is down and you hand cycle the slide, this can occur. With the ejector up and/or a magazine is in place, it shouldn't be able to happen. If this is occuring while you are shooting, you have a problem that needs to be resolved by Ruger. Contact their Prescott service dept. Having the ejector down to allow the removal of the hammer pivot pin is a step in the detail strip procedure, but it should not be able to occur with the ejector up. The ejector locks into a notch in the pin to keep it from drifting out. Just make sure the 'flag' on the pin is fully seated into its recess in the frame.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by COFFEE POT

You aren't the first one to experience this issue. The ejector holds the pin in place. If the ejector is down and you hand cycle the slide, this can occur. With the ejector up and/or a magazine is in place, it shouldn't be able to happen. If this is occuring while you are shooting, you have a problem that needs to be resolved by Ruger. Contact their Prescott service dept. Having the ejector down to allow the removal of the hammer pivot pin is a step in the detail strip procedure, but it should not be able to occur with the ejector up. The ejector locks into a notch in the pin to keep it from drifting out. Just make sure the 'flag' on the pin is fully seated into its recess in the frame.

Keep us posted.
Perfect, thats exactly what it was. That would explain the magazine going in and coming out such a problem.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts