Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Have been away from the forum here for a while and just recently getting back. Since i have been gone, besides my P95 I bought right before i joined, i have also aquired a P345 to partner with it. The P345 was my upgrade form my Hi Point .45 which is a great gun, reliable and pinpoint accurate with no issues. The only thing was, it is heavy and hard to conceal, so i went with a Ruger in .45. The reason i started with a Hi Point .45 is that i knew if i could carry and handle it, anything thereafter would be lighter and easier to deal with when carrying and concealing.

I bought it new, and my first time on the range with it was a blast. I like the look. Mine is all black (i.e blued) and it also has great feel in the hand. Compared to my old Hi Point it was very light. Being lighter, it also had a more pronounced kick when shooting the same .45 sized bullet. I anticipated this, and after putting enough rounds downrange i got the "feel" for it. Accuracy was great, specially for my first time shooting, once i got accustomed to it. It conceals well when carried and does not get in my way or print in any fashion.

Overall i give this firearm high ratings and am very satisfied with my purchase. For those possibly considering one, i would definitely recommend it if they are looking for something in .45 for carry or home defense that is affordable, although some might say it is still kinda "large framed" for their tastes for a carry firearm. Im not that big myself, but i dont mind a larger gun, although the largest i go is .45 and the smallest i go is 9mm.

If anyone knows a good laser / light system for the P345 and any other accessories, please let me know, thanks !

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
Congrats on your new P345 :D. I carried mine for a while (after my P95 & before my Springfield 1911 micro-compact which I started carrying over 4 years ago). The P345 now resides on my nightstand for the most part, but travels to the range with me frequently. Accurate, well built and very dependable ;)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I bought Williams fiber optic sights for front and rear. That's the only change I made. Have around 5000 rounds threw it with my cast bullets. Shoots almost as good as my SW 1911 and Springfield 1911.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on your new P345 :D. I carried mine for a while (after my P95 & before my Springfield 1911 micro-compact which I started carrying over 4 years ago). The P345 now resides on my nightstand for the most part, but travels to the range with me frequently. Accurate, well built and very dependable ;)
Yeah, between the P95 and the P345 i have found Rugers to be pretty sturdy and to my liking, at least the P-series. I like 1911's although i have yet to get one, it is definitely in my plans.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought Williams fiber optic sights for front and rear. That's the only change I made. Have around 5000 rounds threw it with my cast bullets. Shoots almost as good as my SW 1911 and Springfield 1911.
Thanks, ill have to check into those sights.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I rented a P345 and it is definitely on my 'to-buy' list.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I've had a P345 for several years. Great, great gun! We have over 3k down the pipe and running fine. I don't carry it since I bought the SR40 but still love taking it to the range. It's always ready to go in the night stand next to the bed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rented a P345 and it is definitely on my 'to-buy' list.
Yeah, i salivated over the P345 until i got one. Was close to a year before i actually did get it. It was worth all the anticipation too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a P345 for several years. Great, great gun! We have over 3k down the pipe and running fine. I don't carry it since I bought the SR40 but still love taking it to the range. It's always ready to go in the night stand next to the bed.
Over 3K downrange, that is alot of trigger time, sounds pretty solid to me. The P-series has always been known to be tanks, i guess that reputation holds.

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
Over 3K downrange, that is alot of trigger time, sounds pretty solid to me. The P-series has always been known to be tanks, i guess that reputation holds.
Mine is approaching 4,000 rounds down range, and with the exception of two FTFs during the first 50, it has been perfect :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts