Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The p345 ruger is by far the best p series iv'e ever owned ,I just got back from the range .200 Rounds with absolutely no problems what so ever.The recoil was minamal and smooth the trigger pull was also smooth and crisp and the gun was accurate right out of the box, which is what really impressed me the most.Iv'e always had to RE-work with my sights on any other p- series ive owned.I am very impressed by this little 45acp and ruger has renewed my faith in them.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Make sure you stop by the New Members forum and introduce yourself...:)

Glad to hear a good range report.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good report!

I have heard mixed reviews on the P345, but that was early in their existence. It is nice to hear things are working well!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Well, I got my sons P345 back together. The part came in last week. I'll take it along to the range today & give it some excersize. The kids been in Iraq for awhile & won't be home till mid-March. I want the gun to be working good when he returns.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's what I like to here. Good right out of the box. IMHO all new guns should be that way. I can understand a break in peroid but I expect it to work. Good report.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Glad you like it. I have to agree with you. I love mine and it has been perfect so far.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad you like the P345, I herd that the P90 is the best in .45acp. I have a P97DC, I have herd mixed reports on the 345. I wait awhile and see if the bugs get worked out, of course some of the mixed reports I have heard has been I think limp wrist problems. Have a good one and let us know more when you go out. Heck....come by and pick me up, I'll buy after wards.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've fired about 500 rounds through mine with no problems. I had read all about the problems so I loaded a magazine with lead, FMJ and hollow points, It fed it with ease. The 45 isn't my favorite round but I now keep mine loaded and at the ready.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,369 Posts
Heavy J, Believe me when I say it's not a limp wrist problem. I bought an early KP-345PR (3 digit S/N) NIB. It had more problems than FEMA in New Orleans. There were 11 documented issues with mine involving feeding, extraction, click-no bang, sights, and magazines. Mine made a trip back to Ruger twice, mainly for the magazine disconnect issue that causes click-no bang. I repaired several things myself but Ruger wouldn't send me parts for the mag disconnect plunger. In disgust, I bought a SIG P-220 and sold the P-345.

From what I see on the other forums, Ruger has redesigned a few things and now are making the P-345 much more reliable. That said, there are still a lot of workmanship issues that raise their ugly head. Mostly rough, sharp, and galled parts. Since I sold mine, I have repaired several P-345s for other people. Most of them had the same issues as my early model. Hopefully, Ruger is cleaning up their act with this model. It's great to see someone with a P-345 that actually works.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am very new to Ruger, I am a Glock fan. What kind of warranty does Ruger carry on there guns?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 345 was also perfect out of the box. According to its serial # it mas manufactured in 2005. I have had one fail to feed and I am pretty sure that was a limp wrist problem. So far it has had approx 250 rounds thru it. I am very pleased.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 345 was a great addition to my collection. I've always enjoyed shooting it and (knock on wood) never had any problems with. My round count would be in the 3000 round range.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just finished the first 200 rounds through my new KP345DPR. No problems, DA pull has smoothed out. Wind and cold have prevented me from seeing just how well it can group, but getting 4-5" at 25yards w/ WWB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Accuracy has never been an issue with mine. Dont put the recoil spring in backwards and everything will be good. Mine needed a little cleaning up to be 100%, but now it runs smooth. I tried a few different spring set ups, but quickly relized that Ruger knows best. Congrats on the new Ruger!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Great to hear the positive things being said about the P345.

·
Registered
59 Posts
After nearly 1000 round of WWB FMJs and several hundred each of three different JHPs, I have had no problems, and accuracy is fabulous!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
JDG, man, that one low one really got away from you there. Did you sneeze or something on that shot?

Wow. Great shootin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JDG

Accuracy has never been an issue with mine. Dont put the recoil spring in backwards and everything will be good. Mine needed a little cleaning up to be 100%, but now it runs smooth. I tried a few different spring set ups, but quickly relized that Ruger knows best. Congrats on the new Ruger!
Same with my P345. It was good to go right out of the box. It's way more accurate than I could ever shoot. +1 on the recoil spring! Probably got nearly 2,000 rounds through it and its still runs like a top.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts