Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, I am an idiot. I read the manual when I bought the gun a while ago. I recently shot it for the first time. I went to clean it after and couldn't get the slide to lock open (forgot the have an empty clip inserted). I dod get the slide to lock, by partially retracting the slide stop. Now it's jammed open and I can't get it to do much of anything. Any ideas would be appreciated (the Firld Strip procedure isn't working). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
is it locked open all the way, or part way? did you depress ejector when taking apart? i forgot to do that twice. if so, you need to get a piece of wire and pull it down thru mag well. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, did the ejector thing to see if it would free up the slide. Just now, with a bit of "coaxing" from the butt of a clip, I was able to free up the slide, and it popped all the way forward. Just have to noodle getting the slide stop fully inserted now.

Thanks for all the ideas for the nube..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The manual doesn't even mention reinserting the Slide Stop in the Reassembly part of the manual. A bit of an oversight? I guess I will field strip it tomorrow and see if I can get it back together. Tonight is the Debate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.