Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend and I went to the range yesterday to shoot or .45's his is a Kimber 1911. I had recently purchased the Ruger and the Sig and wanted a side by side comparison of the two. All in all we shot close to 150 rounds in my guns. At the end of our shoot we compared the two guns for accuracy dependability and just how they shot and felt. We both feel the Ruger trigger was better in both DA SA than the trigger on the Sig. but he was really surprised on how well the Ruge performed and so was I. No failures to fire eject or actually any problems. It all came down to the trigger. Now I intend to keep both and maybe in time the trigger on the Sig will get better if not maybe back to the factory to see what they can do to improve the gritty feeling on DA of the trigger.:)

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
This is good to hear ... I picked up a P345 last night and I'm hoping it shoots just as nice as my other P series pistols.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
If you overlook the things most people complain about, the Magazine Disconnect(Im not a fan) and the Loaded Chamber Indicator(doesnt really bother me), the Ruger P345 is an excellent pistol. Mine is perfectly reliable, shockingly accurate, shoots to the sights, and feels great in the hand. Once in SA mode, it has an excellent trigger, and a short reset. I like the DA first shot for a defensive pistol, but it does take some training to be accurate on that first shot. I have all three of the P Series 45 acp pistols, and I think the P345 is my favorite design. Felt recoil from my P97 seems a bit softer, but that's the only advantage it has. I have carried my P345, and with the right shoulder holster, its very comfortable. I think the P Series 45s make great HD guns, and you cant beat the price. I paid $340 for mine 2 years ago, and even if I would have paid a couple hundred more, I feel I would have gotten a great pistol for the money.

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
If you overlook the things most people complain about, the Magazine Disconnect(Im not a fan) and the Loaded Chamber Indicator(doesnt really bother me), the Ruger P345 is an excellent pistol. Mine is perfectly reliable, shockingly accurate, shoots to the sights, and feels great in the hand. Once in SA mode, it has an excellent trigger, and a short reset. I like the DA first shot for a defensive pistol, but it does take some training to be accurate on that first shot. I have all three of the P Series 45 acp pistols, and I think the P345 is my favorite design. Felt recoil from my P97 seems a bit softer, but that's the only advantage it has. I have carried my P345, and with the right shoulder holster, its very comfortable. I think the P Series 45s make great HD guns, and you cant beat the price. I paid $340 for mine 2 years ago, and even if I would have paid a couple hundred more, I feel I would have gotten a great pistol for the money.
I also have the P-90 model which shoots great and very accurate. I paid just over $300 for the P-345.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I used to have a 345, I have a P90 and both seem to guide my hands better than other .45s. I can shoot them more accurately than others, including the Sigs. I love the feel of the Sigs, but prefer the price of the Ruger, and since I shoot it better it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I got a LEO trade Sig P220 for $400 with night sights, a paddle holster and 3 mags, sold off my P97 ASAP after. I've since put a short reset trigger kit in the P220 and it's absolutly amazing now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a LEO trade Sig P220 for $400 with night sights, a paddle holster and 3 mags, sold off my P97 ASAP after. I've since put a short reset trigger kit in the P220 and it's absolutly amazing now.
What kind of trigger kit did you install?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts