Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the locking system on the P345?

I'm considering buying one, but I'm no too fond of the extra moving

parts which make up the lock. Mybe it's just a goofy idea I have,

but it seems that the less the parts the less problems you might have

Gid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, winken.

I looked at one today. One of the best fitting guns to my hand that I ever picked up. It's one of those that you just want to hold on to and fondle while watching T V.
It's probably just my thinking (concerning the lock), but I've read so many horror stories about some other well known pistols and revolvers with locks that it causes me to be a might bit dubious. If I buy one it will be for ccw and I'd rather not have to deal with thoughts that it wouldn't go bang if the need arose. But. . ., if it's made by Ruger I'm sure it has had all the bugs flushed out before it hit the market. Never seen a Ruger yet with bugs in it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought a P345 back in July. This is one fine gun, I'm tellin' ya! I just recently completed the delightful task of putting the first 1,000 rounds through it, and it is sweet!

As to the lock, I've never used it. In fact, haven't even thought of it, so no problem at all.

Amistad

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
1200 rounds thru one - untold rounds thru the other (bought it used). No problems with the lock or anything else for that matter. As Poncaguy said, "What lock?":D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts