Ruger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a really nice Ruger P89DC 9mm. I had been looking for one for some time, but this is not the model I owned years back. The decocker is spring loaded, returns to firing position once the pistol is decocked.

I don't have a problem with that, but I can't seem to get the LH decocker lever out of the gun. I am familiar with disassembly on the P Series, owning several. They all work essentially the same way.

Is there a trick I am missing? The usual breakdown is to remove the extractor, then the RH lever. Once that is done, depress the firing pin to keep it from flying out, and the LH lever should be removable in the lower position.

I can't seem to get this thing apart. I called Ruger and the technician advised me to not disassemble the bolt/rail. I've never had a problem taking them down or putting them back together until now. I'm wondering if the decocker lever return spring makes this thing a bear to get back together.

I don't think the firing pin actually is dirty. The gun looks very clean, runs perfectly. I just like to take my guns down and clean them thoroughly.

Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts