Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the Ruger P-93 DAO 9mm pistol I picked-up last fall (actually put it on layaway and was able to get it out over the holidays!)

Finally had a chance to take it to the range today and...WOW...it's a tack-driver! It was everything I hoped it would be and then some! This little gadget handles hot (9mm +P+) loads easily...and with accuracy! Me happy! :D

http://rugerforum.net/pictures/ruger-gp100/p2535-ruger-p-93-dao-9mm.html

·
Registered
392 Posts
DAO? double action only, right? so you get the long DA trigger pull every time, no SA?
it's a squared off looking revolver, sort of.
I remember when the St.Louis PD, in an effort to make officers safer, ordered up a batch of Beretta 92's in DAO. now some folks would look on that as a cruel joke, as some other PD's are all Glocked up.
bottom line, if the gun fits, wear it. I wouldn't have a problem with a big, heavy, DAO pistol, could be a real sweetheart at the range. good for shooting basics and not getting bad habits. good luck, good shooting.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
DAO? double action only, right? so you get the long DA trigger pull every time, no SA? it's a squared off looking revolver, sort of.
I remember when the St.Louis PD, in an effort to make officers safer, ordered up a batch of Beretta 92's in DAO. now some folks would look on that as a cruel joke, as some other PD's are all Glocked up.
bottom line, if the gun fits, wear it. I wouldn't have a problem with a big, heavy, DAO pistol, could be a real sweetheart at the range. good for shooting basics and not getting bad habits. good luck, good shooting.
I grew up with revolvers so the DAO trigger is not an issue for me! Accuracy...it was dad-gum 'right-on-the-money' right straight out of the box! I wanna say I drilled 9:10 shots through the 9-circle at 21'/7meters with the first mag...can't beat that for accuracy with a new pistol!

Most excellent! You will enjoy it!
Thank you...I think I will! Right now...it's slated to be my 'workshop' pistol! I work from home and wanted a decent + reliable pistol to keep in the shop and, when I saw this one online, I just had to get it! I have a P-97 DAO .45 (upstairs, next to the computer area) and couldn't resist another DAO P-Series pistol...abeit in 9mm!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most excellent! You will enjoy it!
Sadly...the wife took it at the range...she's commandeered it and it's now 'hers'!

The good news...at least I'll get to look at getting something new! (I don't mind really...I was intending for it to be my 'workshop' pistol and would rather see her be happy with it than keep it under a dust-cover cloth in a drawer!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts