Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what owners of the P94 in .40S&W think of it?

I picked up a Keltec Sub2K in .40 last month. I really like the .40 round and would like to get a pistol to go along with it. My problem is that the keltec takes Glock 22 mags and I really dont like the feel of the glock. I am VERY happy with my .22 and .357 Rugers and think the P94 might fill the .40 cal void in my gun cabinet! Any input would be appreciated!

Also the other .40 I am considering is the CZ75B!

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
I purchased a P94 in 40 S&W before they called it a P944 and have had it 13 years +. I have shot many different types of ammo but accuracy is best with a 155 gr JHP. With that load at 25 yards it is dead on and groups as well as I can shoot it. I have never had a failure of any kind, it field strips for cleaning easily and is my night stand gun. I don't think you can go wrong with either the pistol or caliber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are very rare around here. But I know of two LEOs that carry them and wouldn't trade them for anything.

I wish Ruger made them in 357SIG!

Jerry

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have several .40 S&W pistols, incl. Sig, XD, Glock & Ruger. And I like them all. They jump pretty good.
The Ruger P94 is nice to shoot with the extra weight and it's very accurate.
It's not my favorite, but it's a great gun. After all, it's a Ruger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up the P94 DC which I had been looking for today. A member of rugerforum.com had it LNIB. I wanted one that was a decocker without the camblock retrofit that they did in the middle of production. Most that I found were the new style camblock with the little black plastic peice by the slide realease. Im pretty stoked to have finally found one and look forward to firing it in the morning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine only says P94 on the slide. Had it for quite a few years. It is the only .40 caliber I have left. Mine is the decock/safety version. Rather have the straight dc version, but not a big thing. Can't remember a failure with mine, but I don't shoot it a lot. Love the slimmer grips that are on mine. You can't go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts