Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I've had 2. The first one was a blued, manual safety model that I traded. I wanted a stainless steel decocker and I picked it up last night. I like them a lot. They are heavy enough to absorb some recoil but are still manageable to carry. I've heard people complain about accuracy in these, but mine haven't heard the rumor - they shoot really well. I put 600 rounds through the first one and 100 through the new one, all without any hiccups. I had a Springfield XD40 Service before these and it was a really nice gun, but the felt recoil was considerably more noticeable. If you like Ruger autos, I think you would like the 944.
Tom

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pops 1

Picking up my KP944 sat., sold a Glock to fund it. Pops
We're going to need a range report!
Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just picked mine up last week, it looks a typical P-Series so I'm sure I'll like it just as much as my P-series 9MM's and .45's!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well finialy got my KP944 today, had to drive to the gun show in Lafayette to get it. I know I will like it, my son and son in law both own one and have never had ant problems. Well now it is off to Wal Mart to get some Blazer Brass to shoot htrough it. Pops

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Wildturk

I just picked mine up last week, it looks a typical P-Series so I'm sure I'll like it just as much as my P-series 9MM's and .45's!!
Again - we're going to need a range report.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congradulations on your new P944.
I have a blued manual safety version that I picked up used and I have put a little under 500 rounds of various ammo through it. Not one problem so far.
This is my first and only handgun and I am very happy with it, I am so happy that I want another ruger P. Just can't decide if I should get another P944 or a P90, P97, P345, P95 as my next purchase. I would like to have them all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got to shoot the the KP944, no problems at all, its a keeper. Bought a Hogue grip for it, have not put it on yet. Pops

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Pops 1

Got to shoot the the KP944, no problems at all, its a keeper. Bought a Hogue grip for it, have not put it on yet. Pops
Glad you like it - I was sure you would. I put another 100 rounds thru mine Wednesday night. That makes 200 rounds with no problems and it's accurate to boot!
Tom

·
Registered
38 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rman

Again - we're going to need a range report.
I'm falling way behind on "Range Time". I have a P93, KP944, GP 100, 2 Remington 870's and a New Over/under 12 ga.and one more that I can't think of that I've yet to shoot!! :(:(:(

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I'm falling way behind on "Range Time". I have a P93, KP944, GP 100, 2 Remington 870's and a New Over/under 12 ga.and one more that I can't think of that I've yet to shoot!! :(:(:(
The holidays are coming. You should be out shooting Rugers while the Mrs. cooks big bird!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gonna be honest I put more rounds through my KP944 than my P220. I love my Sig P220 but I always find myself taking this 944 to the range. Its a joy to shoot, its cheap to fix. Ruger stands behind its performance no matter what stupid people tricks I do to it. This gun has made me a believer in Sturm Ruger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure of the difference between the P944 and the P94, but I've carried a P94DAO on duty for the last several years and I really like it. It's very dependable, accurate, tough and simple. I've got Hogue grips and night sights on it. I've just bought a 345 and will start carrying that next month. I like the .40, but hard to beat a .45

1 - 19 of 19 Posts