Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one and love it...mine is the blued man safty model...I dont here much on this forum or ruger.com about this pistol...what are your opinions on this gun....suggestions on improving it thx Brandon

·
Registered
78 Posts
Love my P-944 have the deckoker with manual saftey. Best mods for me have been the efk firedraggon barrel and recoil assembly and a Wolff Hammer Spring kit. And just a fine polishing to the sear. Total invested 230 plus the price of the gun. Probably one of my most favorites to shoot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just wondering, Does the P94 have the feed ramp extended into the chamber like the Beretta 96 and Glock 22, or is it more like the P94 9mm?

Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned 40cals in Glocks, H&Ks, CZ, BHP and Sigs. I never found the accuracy to be there and pretty much got away from that cal. A few months ago I purchased a plain Jane blued P-944. I have 500rds thru it and it is a tack driver! It has also been 100% reliable as well. Luck of the draw I quess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My XD 40 Tactical is very accurate, recoil is mild, but, my Glock 22 is really "snappy", but has good accuracy too.........

·
Registered
36 Posts
No info on the chamber of the P944? It is a toss up between the Ruger P-944, S&W 410, and Sig 226. The big factor for me in deciding is the chamber, as I would like to reload.

Charlie

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a KP44 added Hogue grips to it and now it is my primary off duty carry weapon. I love it, less recoil than the Beretta 96 I carry on duty. In fact I shoot better with it than the 96 or the Glock 22 my buddy carries. I have put nearly 1000 rounds thru it at the range and never have had any problem of any kind so far. This is as good a firearm or better as any I've used at any price.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I recently learned something about recoil. I have had 2 P97's for a long while and recently got a P90. I have heard that the recoil is not as much on the P90 due to it having a metal frame and being heavier. The first time I took it out and shot it I couldn't tell any difference. Then I decided to see for sure which one has the most felt recoil. Loaded them with the same ammo and would pick up one and fire it and then pick up the other and fire it. To my surprise the P97 had less felt recoil. I remember Ruger advertising the Polymer acted as a shock absorber and had less recoil. If you don't shoot one right after the other, you forget how much recoil they have. I also shot a P95 and P97 one after the other and there is a different type of recoil with them. The higher pressure in the 9mm has a quicker jar, and the lower pressure in the .45 has more of a push. Just some of my observations.

·
Super Moderator
21,680 Posts
Bought my P94 in 40 S&W before they changed it to 944. It has functioned perfectly in the 12-13 years I have owned it. It is the most accurate handgun I own and because of the above it is my nightstand gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts