Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are other P 95 owners having consistence Jamming problems to where every other round jams the gun? Does anyone have any advice as too why this might be occurring? This is a brand new P 95 with less than 700 rounds down the barrel. Please advise....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Are you using Ruger mags? I have a P95 that has over 10,000 rounds down the pipe and it has never jammed. I don't mean this as an insult, but are you limp wristing it? All semi autos need to have a firm grip, don't try to ride the recoil like you can do with a revolver.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Are other P 95 owners having consistence Jamming problems to where every other round jams the gun? Does anyone have any advice as too why this might be occurring? This is a brand new P 95 with less than 700 rounds down the barrel. Please advise....

Bruce
My P95 has thousands thru it with no issues. When you say "jamming" when does it? Is it really a FTE or stove piping maybe? FTL?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Not I. My P95 has north of 7000 rounds through it (with all types of cheap ammo, the only person it ever jammed on was my wife who was a serious limp wrister with the gun. I put a Hogue grip on it and it never jammed on her again.

When you say jam, is it not extracting or is it a feed issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It an extracting issue. Every other round isn't extracting for whatever reason. It's not my wrist. I guess this isn't a common problem with P 95's.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If it is a extracting problem, you are either limp wristing or your extractor is the problem. If the extractor pulls the spent case part way out, but not enough to eject it, YOU ARE PROBABLY LIMP WRISTING THE PISTOL.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
It an extracting issue. Every other round isn't extracting for whatever reason. It's not my wrist. I guess this isn't a common problem with P 95's.
It may be the extractor is not doing its job. But, this gun is notorious for people to limp wrist it for some reason...mine is the older one and the grip was slick and it is a fat grip so my wife had a hard time holding onto it until I put the Hogue sleeve on it.

My suggestion, let somebody else shoot it, a somebody else that has a good bit of experience shooting (not saying you don't), and if it is still an issue, call Ruger CS.

But to answer your question, I have seen very few posts where there was actually something wrong with a P95.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So far, nobody has addressed ammo. So, has the OP tried several different varieties of ammunition? If not, do so.

Also, assuming it's not limp wristing (and the OP thinks not, so I'll take his word for it), could it be that the breach face needs to be cleaned, especially near the extractor? I've seen guns that would jam, and that was all that was wrong (granted, it's unlikely with so few rounds downrange, but it's worth a look).

You could also make sure the extractor is seated correctly with the extractor spring tension.

I'm no gunsmith, but I figure there's more than two reasons for this type of malfunction.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have used a range of ammo and only had fte when I have been limp-wristing.

i end up limp-wristing every now and then when i first figure out i am flinching, then work to hold the gun firmly but not in the white-knuckle-flinch style. or when i try to modify my grip for any other reason, and i feel out what works and what does not.

otherwise, my p95 has been rock-solid with whatever ammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts