Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my P97 that I bought last week to the range today. I shot a little low and to the left at first but after I had shot a few rounds I seemed to do better. When I bought this gun it was dirty and when i break it down the only way I can get the slide back on is to hold the ejector down and push down on the front part of the slide. I'm hoping this will work itself out.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like the rails may be dirty if it doesn't slide back together easily-and the ejector should stay down by itself...may take some tweaking or a trip back to the nest to put it 100% but you've got a fine gun-worth the effort...my two chugged through anything without a hitch-course I babied them and kept them cleaner than most...it'll serve you well for at least 3 generations....by the way-what did Ruger say about having to put pressure on the slide?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called them and they haven't called me back, I guess I'll have to call them again.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally talked to Ruger and they told me to pack it up and send it to them so they could look at it.
Terry

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had my P95 since 1998 and I've never had any problms with it. One of the reasons tat I wanted a P97 was because it is made so much like my P95. By the way KP97DC I've seen pictures of your P97 and it is one beautiful gun.
Terry

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Thanks Terry. I don't know why, but I handled and shot about all the P-Series and the 97 just seems like it was made especially for me. The way it fits my hands and points just don't compare to the others for me. I guess thats whats neat about the P-Series. They are enough different, that different people can find one that fits them best. They are all good, reliable guns.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How does the P90 compare to the P97 other than the aluminum vs. polymer frame? Is the lockwork the same, or are the P97 internals more like the P95?

This year I hope to get another "P" in .45, and I'm trying to decide which one. The first .45 "P" I come across in DAO will decide the issue if nothing else does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts