Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a hogue rubber grip to replace the plastic grip on the ruger pc carbine (19122). Has anyone messed around with changing grip on theirs? Wondering if it accepts all ar-15 aftermarket grips considering the screw comes from the top of the gun down instead of like most ar”s where the screw comes from bottom up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hogue grip

Just added Hogue grip # 15020 to my 19122. There is a very small lip on the leading edge that needs trimmed off. After that minor modification it fits like a glove. Feels much better than the plastic grip supplied by Ruger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just put mine on as well. It took all I had to take out screw to original grip that held the plastic attachment that mounts around trigger guard and bottom of chassis. Looks and feels good now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thinking of getting a hogue rubber grip to replace the plastic grip on the ruger pc carbine (19122). Has anyone messed around with changing grip on theirs? Wondering if it accepts all ar-15 aftermarket grips considering the screw comes from the top of the gun down instead of like most ar”s where the screw comes from bottom up.
Just installed the right hand ERGO model on my 19122, The locktite the factory used was hard to break loose. Had to use a short hex head socket with a 6 inch 3/8's extension and ratchet. Also had to change the factory mounting bolt form a 1/4 x 28 x I inch to a 1/4 x 28 x 3/4 inch. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts