Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago i wrote here about the nose heavy clunky feel of the gun, and that I was kind of disappointed.. Took it to the range today for some further testing along with several other long guns including a mini 14, Camp9, and a few others,, For some reason, it just felt a lot better.. Did not notice the nose heaviness near as much, and I shot it ok.. Actually somewhat better than my camp9 today, but neither of them came close to the 10/22 or the mini14 for whatever reason.. Iron sights in all.. Gotta get some scopes.. I have a $20 scope on my Savage Axis bolt .223, and I hit everything I want to hit, where I want.. Can't come close with the iron sights.. So anyway, I feel much better today about the PC carbine, It performed well, better than I thought it would... bob

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,622 Posts
Glad the range trip panned out this time. Keep at it and any feed back is welcomed. There are forum members here that have some good reports on them.
*I have been looking for older Ruger carbine in a one piece .40 cal but have yet to get anyone to part with theirs. My wife and I are now considering the new Ruger PCC and will either get the PC9 or shop around and test out the newer offers from Ruger.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A few weeks ago i wrote here about the nose heavy clunky feel of the gun, and that I was kind of disappointed.. Took it to the range today for some further testing along with several other long guns including a mini 14, Camp9, and a few others,, For some reason, it just felt a lot better.. Did not notice the nose heaviness near as much, and I shot it ok.. Actually somewhat better than my camp9 today, but neither of them came close to the 10/22 or the mini14 for whatever reason.. Iron sights in all.. Gotta get some scopes.. I have a $20 scope on my Savage Axis bolt .223, and I hit everything I want to hit, where I want.. Can't come close with the iron sights.. So anyway, I feel much better today about the PC carbine, It performed well, better than I thought it would... bob
Once the bugs get fixed and you handle it more. It becomes a very fun rifle to shoot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't explain why, but it just didn't feel as awkward,, Its only the 2nd time I fired it, but it was just substantially better feeling today, which I am glad about. I wanted to like it.. The only gun with iron sights only I shot better today was my Mini 14 by a slight amount, and my 10/22 by a lot.. Me personally, I can't come close to the accuracy I get with my 10/22 with anything else.. I think its because the 10/22 is so light and balanced so well.. I don't have to correct for weight and balance, and the iron sights aren't moving on the target the same way my more powerful long guns are.. I just need to bring the long guns to the range more.. I usually just bring the handguns, and it shows when I do bring the rifles... bob

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I am glad you got to like it better. One range I am a member of rents the pcc and most peopel rave about how it handles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still has a surprising kick for a 9mm.. The Camp9 is a much softer shoot..
Nothing uncomfortable really, just more than you would think is normal for a 9mm round in a rifle.... bob

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow i found my pc is a very soft shooter and the camp 9 had more recoil if you can call it that .
I did put an upgraded spring and buffer in the Camp9 when I got it, so that may be what I am feeling.. Neither one will break your shoulder for sure, but to me personally my PCC feels very much like I am shooting my late model Mini 14.. Feel, weight, recoil etc, pretty similar to me, however I am NOT a very good long gun guy,, I seem to shoot my Mini 14 with a bit more accuracy at this time.. that may change... bob

·
Registered
836 Posts
I see a lot of them on used racks!

Glad the range trip panned out this time. Keep at it and any feed back is welcomed. There are forum members here that have some good reports on them.
*I have been looking for older Ruger carbine in a one piece .40 cal but have yet to get anyone to part with theirs. My wife and I are now considering the new Ruger PCC and will either get the PC9 or shop around and test out the newer offers from Ruger.
I have seen a lot of used PC4's for sale in the $400-500 range. In fact, there are 2 on gun broker right now.
I have one, paid $499 for it and it is the best PCC ever made imo.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts