Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check out Nikon's BLACK FORCE1000 1-4x28. Illuminated reticle and my son's go to hog gun. Great in low light with 10 illumination settings so you don't wash out your target. Very clear and sub $400.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a Vortex 2x7x32. It worked well in lower magnifications but started becoming a little dark as power increased. I ended up putting it on my CZ .22 and installed a Nikon 3x on the PC. If I didn't already have the Nikon I probably would have kept the Vortex on it. The Nikon is just so much clearer, brighter, lighter, and shorter. The Vortex wasn't bad it just seemed better suited to a target rifle where speed in acquiring the target isn't as important. I should point out that where I live is mostly all woods so a bright picture is important. Nobody seems to make a "good" fixed power scope at a reasonable price anymore. I don't think I'm allowed to say where I saw it but there's a used Nikon 3x online right now with a nice set of pic rail mounts for under $120. Below is the Nikon on my PCC. These scopes were intended for use on an AR but work well on my carbine. You can get lower rings but these allow me to also use the iron sights if I choose.
Bicycle part Air gun Trigger Camera accessory Auto part

·
Registered
234 Posts
Apparently they quit because they were getting some flak from their countrymen. Japan doesn't have any real hunting culture and I guess it's frowned upon. They're good scopes and I figure they're cheap enough on the used market it's still a pretty good deal. If my 3x broke I'd probably search for another.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Costing me money. Was looking at that scope used for $100 on another forum. Was debating it got the PCC and you just sold it for him. I use a 3x max on a red dot but it's clumsy to me. 3x feels really good for pistol calibers and I like Nikon so...

I had a Vortex 2x7x32. It worked well in lower magnifications but started becoming a little dark as power increased. I ended up putting it on my CZ .22 and installed a Nikon 3x on the PC. If I didn't already have the Nikon I probably would have kept the Vortex on it. The Nikon is just so much clearer, brighter, lighter, and shorter. The Vortex wasn't bad it just seemed better suited to a target rifle where speed in acquiring the target isn't as important. I should point out that where I live is mostly all woods so a bright picture is important. Nobody seems to make a "good" fixed power scope at a reasonable price anymore. I don't think I'm allowed to say where I saw it but there's a used Nikon 3x online right now with a nice set of pic rail mounts for under $120. Below is the Nikon on my PCC. These scopes were intended for use on an AR but work well on my carbine. You can get lower rings but these allow me to also use the iron sights if I choose. View attachment 176517

·
Registered
156 Posts
It did, similar to yours. But thanks for the reminder, I need to pay the man!
I got a 2-7x 300BLK Nikon for 10/22 running SV, the ballistics are similar though the 22 obviously doesn’t hit as hard. Anyway, love Nikon glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts