Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the new Ruger precision rifle .308 and I'm interested in getting the swfa ss 12x42 scope with Burris signature zee 30mm rings. They have 3 different heights and I'm not sure which one I should get. They have medium, high, and Extra high. Is there anyone that would know which are the proper size for this setup?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Knowing the objective size, looking at the ring height chart and having the rifle in your hand, to measure the rail height...........should just be simple math to figure it out

·
Registered
325 Posts
With the in-line recoil path the scope sits pretty low in reference to the butt pad so get the highest you can. I had a "high" set of Burris and still put a riser bar on top of the picatinny that brought them up an additional 1/2" to get the scope to feel like it's at proper height. The scope is now 2" from centerline to top of rail. Prior to this the adjustable cheek rest was all the way down and still felt too high. Now it is actually "adjustable".

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the SWFA SS 12x42 mil/mil on my Tikka CTR .308, it's a great scope for the money! I also have the SWFA SS 3-9x42 mil/mil on my M&P10, I like the SS scopes so much, I just got done ordering the SS 3-15x42 mil/mil for my RPR 6.5! Thanks for posting this question, I was actually going to go with the SWFA mounts (which I've had good luck with) but the high's top out at 1.3". After reading this thread and some others, I went with Burris Extreme Tactical X-tra high's from Amazon instead, 1.6" should do it for me I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts