Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I am new to this forum and I am looking for some good advices.
I have been working on this little project for about a year and a half, but so far it has been like slamming my head against a brick wall.
I live in Sweden and for the last year and a half I have been trying to get a hunting license for Ruger Precision Rifle 308 win.
The Swedish police are trying their best to stop me by saying that the rifle is primarily for military use and not suitable for hunting. The police are trying to say that the rifle is not "up to hunting standards" because of the folding stock and pistol grip.

Does anyone of you have any good tips on how to prove them wrong? There is no law in Sweden that give them the right to do this so now I just need to prove to the court that RPR is a good weapon for hunting.

Best regards from Sweden

·
Super Moderator
21,075 Posts
Ollelund sorry to hear about the apparent overreach of the police in your country. The forum frowns on members giving each other legal advice in this country much less in another country. It would seem the burden of proof is on them to show where the .308 is currently used as a military caliber. No doubt a good attorney could guide you or even lead in you court proceedings. That is the best advice I can give is talk to an attorney and show the .308 is a hunting cartridge in the rest of the world. If the police are overstepping their authority you may not need to prove anything but that. A lawyer can guide you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.