Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received one of these this afternoon and was on the way to shoot it. Chambered one round out of the magazine to be sure it would feed, but then found the rifle wouldn't extract.

I removed the bolt and discovered there was no extractor or circular extractor spring installed. These two parts were not in the box, so it looks like another rifle slipped through Ruger Quality Control.

Assuming Ruger will ship me the two missing parts, how easy will they be to install?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, they will ship. Mine came priority mail and were easy to install. Even I was able to do. While it looks like a stretch for the clip to fit, it does in fact fit.
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruger customer service in North Carolina

Although the representative was at a loss as to why the parts were missing, he sent out replacements via First Class mail. I expect to receive them next Tuesday. He also told me that each rifle had a test round through it before being packaged, but one wonders how that happened without an extractor in the bolt.

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been three months since I first posted and wanted to relate what had to happen to get things right with the new rifle. First, I never received the promised missing parts after being told that they had been sent. I then began sending pictures of the "new" rifle to Ruger Customer Service and they then directed me to return the rifle for inspection.

I received a UPS prepaid label and sent the rifle back. After they received it, they sent me an email and indicated the rifle needed to be destroyed and that they would replace it.

I agreed, sent the required forms back to Ruger, and in about a week, received a replacement gun. The replacement was a complete and unblemished rifle. I never received any explanation as to how a gun with physical and obvious defects could have gotten through their Quality Department and then shipped. All has turned out well, but after purchasing Rugers since 1975, I'm now reluctant to ever purchase another.

Hope this helps any other poor soul that finds himself in the same predicament.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts