Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine and would like to add a little something on the muzzle. It's for looks too but mainly, I need to extend the rifle an inch so it will reach the rests in my gun cabinet. Thanks

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,521 Posts
I'm assuming it's threaded 1/2×28? Since you're only seeking additional length, not recoil or flash reduction, a low concussion blast forwarder will probably work well. I'm expecting one to be delivered tomorrow for my Ruger Charger. I ordered from Ebay. They had 2.7oz steel models for $15.00 w/ free shipping. I wanted lighter weight so I ordered the black anodized aluminum (0.9oz) for $19.00. Both models include the crush washer. The advantage over a brake is that noise is not increased for the shooter, and there's no worries about "timing" or "clocking" the ports on the device.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,521 Posts
Why not just put a 1" block of wood under the butt stock?
What? That eminently practical advice is out of place in the context of this forum. Our purpose here is to act as enablers for fellow members, convincing them that they desperately need any accessories, modifications, or spendy optics that can possibly be bolted to a Ruger. A wooden block indeed! I think you should get yourself a new Ruger right away to get your head right;)

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
What? That eminently practical advice is out of place in the context of this forum. Our purpose here is to act as enablers for fellow members, convincing them that they desperately need any accessories, modifications, or spendy optics that can possibly be bolted to a Ruger. A wooden block indeed! I think you should get yourself a new Ruger right away to get your head right;)
Lol. Or two- actually the new Wrangler comes in three colors.... :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
3/16 hardwood dowel inserted in the barrel of my R.P.Rimfire has solved that exact problem for me. I have found my rifle prefers the barrel nut in place for the tightest groups. And the dowel seems to be a little more stable than sitting in a block of wood.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I had a birdcage left from a AR .223 build that I installed on my RPR and works pretty good if I have to say so.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh, was looking for something that would stay on the rifle. Lotta good you guys are spending another fella's money......LOL.

This works too, just not as pretty as an AR birdcage(thanks for the pic)

·
Registered
889 Posts
yeh, was looking for something that would stay on the rifle. Lotta good you guys are spending another fella's money......LOL.

This works too, just not as pretty as an AR birdcage(thanks for the pic)

View attachment 128213
Don't want to be nasty, but why don't you paint it machine black, it will blend in nicely, and won't stand out!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had a birdcage left from a AR .223 build that I installed on my RPR and works pretty good if I have to say so.
Did you shoot your rifle any before putting the muzzle brake on it? If you did does it shoot any different POI with the muzzle brake vs the thread protector that came on it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I recently bought 2 suppressors. One of them is a Banish 22. I am told I own them but I am not allowed to take them home until My Uncle Sam says I can which will probably be next year sometime. Go ahead and take the plunge.

Reactions: FireEscape

·
Registered
557 Posts
They are now but that wasn't true over two years ago when the post you are replying to was written.

Bruce
I thought he could predict the future but got caught in the old thread trap as I did.

Reactions: FireEscape

·
Registered
233 Posts
S'ok, the same questions stay current when it's mostly opinion. 👍

,"Advice. It's what we ask for, when we already know the answer. "
- erica jong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts