Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Interesting article. I do hate to read things like:

"Example: the SR-556, a fearsome-looking rifle that resembles the field piece issued to infantrymen. Fifer stops short of saying militarized weapons are designed for more than ex-soldiers–that a gun looking like one from Call of Duty is more likely to win a teenage boy’s heart than one recalling Granddad’s rifle...

...Fifer puts five pinky-length bullets into the rifle."
"Fearsome-looking rifle...issued to infantrymen" and "a gun looking like one from Call of Duty" are exactly the kinds of descriptions the gun-haters love to use against us. I think it makes people think, "Why does a citizen need the same gun issued to a soldier?" or "I don't want my kid looking at that scary-looking rifle and wanting it just because it was on his video game."

I just wish they'd rethink they way they describe these rifles. They are not fearsome rifles and they are not battle-ready Call of Duty rifles. They're sporting rifles for the average citizen and describing them as anything but is detrimental to the gun industry.

Also, the bullets aren't "pinky length". The case and bullet combined are roughly pinky length. But it's always fun to point out how big the bullets are. Makes them scarier that way. HOLY CRAP! HE USED A BULLET THAT WAS AS LONG AS HIS PINKY TO SHOOT THAT!? SCARRRRRRY!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Thanks for posting.
I've saved it to read later at my leisure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts