Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
created post but only picture showed up??

second attempt at text..

Just bought a (new to me) Ruger Super Red-hawk on 454.. it came with factory 1" / 25mm scope rings..

I'm looking for a red dot to place on the top of this weapon.. I'm kinda picky and want something that will match the finish of this SRH..

i have a 44 SRH that is polished and love the polished red dot on that weapon..

can anyone direct me to a red dot that has the same finish?? im not sure what to call it.. Wikipedia says "The standard finish is brushed steel, with a semi-gloss look" mine almost has a smoked look to it..

of course Price is always important I'm not one to spend more on an optic that the weapon is worth..

any help??

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think ruger called that the target grey finish. I am not aware of any red dots with that finish. If it were mine, I would use a weigand mount with an ultradot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can't answer the question but greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Cat Herder
1,643 Posts
You could consider something like Cerakote to make them match.

·
Banned
24 Posts
1 inch red dots are going to be hard to find and even harder is that color it doesn’t exist two colors silver and black pick one.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
Also remember that it has to standup to the nasty recoil of the 454, not all can handle that jolt and will lose zero. Had that problem once on a slug 12 gauge. I dont have a red dot on my alaskan 454, but i am aware of its snappy recoil. Just choose wisely, and robust quality.

Reactions: Moparformances

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well....How does the set up shoot ? Post some targets , what loads don't leave us hanging in suspense !!!
It sure looks good !
Gary

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
shoots 45 long colt like a 38 very little kick.. shoots 454 like a wild kicking mule.. ( Mopar wanted a big bang )

at 50yrds it shoots a nice 6" group.. the red dot was a little low and to the left.. easy adjustment to bring it to a nice zero

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
shoots 45 long colt like a 38 very little kick.. shoots 454 like a wild kicking mule.. ( Mopar wanted a big bang )

at 50yrds it shoots a nice 6" group.. the red dot was a little low and to the left.. easy adjustment to bring it to a nice zero
Yes my 454 is my most stout pistol, over the 50ae 44mag. etc.

Reactions: Moparformances
1 - 16 of 16 Posts