Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i came into possession of this beauty but i can't find much information abut it , serial number said was shipped 1985 model 05018 , said is not in production anymore but i seen some new redhawks, guy at the gun store toll me if i dint want it he will buy it of me, could you guys tell me something about this gun i don't know,
41.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's a beautiful revolver! I have one like that in 44 mag with a Leupold 2x M8 scope on it using the factory scope rings. I put some Bantam grips on mine to ease felt recoil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you attach the rings for the scope ? do you need to drill and tap ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you attach the rings for the scope ? do you need to drill and tap ?
If I remember correctly only the .44 mag. came from the factory with the scope ring notches to attach a scope. I bought and still own a 7.5" barreled Redhawk in .357 back in 1984ish. about 5 yrs. ago I bought a no drill Weig-a-Tinny mount Ruger Redhawk Scope Mounts No Drill and I'm very happy with it, stays solid, and can remove and replace factory sights in minutes.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,849 Posts
That is a gorgeous Redhawk! I don't have a .41 magnum and that one would tempt me. I love my 7.5" stnls Redhawk .44 magnum. I had a friend in the 1980's that loved to shoot and hunt, but didn't have a lot of money. He made do with only three guns; a handgun, a rifle, and a shotgun. I remember a nice old Rem 700 ADL .270, a Rem 870 12ga w/ 2 barrels, and a 5.5" Redhawk .41 magnum. That revolver took a couple of hogs and whitetails, as well as doing home defense duty with reduced loads. You got a really nice gun.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good Find! Those are excellent revolvers and the .41 mag is an outstanding cartridge!
I hope you reload, otherwise your ammo costs are gonna be high!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts