Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a Redhawk 41 magnum built in 88, has anyone on this sight heard of barrels departing the receiver? I heard this happened to some guns of mid 80s vintage.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
It was a thread locking solution they used on the barrel threads back then. Took them a while to find the problem and it was only a problem if they were locking solution was put on the revolver threads on a Friday and not assembled right away and set all weekend.
I would not worry about it, if it happens (probably not) Ruger will replace it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If the barrel hasn't fallen off yet it's probably not going to.
What you're describing seems to have been a rather rare phenomenon that was in the end remedied. First by adding the Super Redhawk to the line-up with it's super beefy and supportive frame, and then by discovering and correcting the assembly line issue with the Redhawk.
I too have an '80's Redhawk. Mine has many miles on it and still going strong. Use and enjoy your 'new to you' Redhawk. It should last your lifetime and more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies. This gun has been shot very little, appears to have been a safe queen. I plan on shooting until it or I am worn out, the barrel falls off, or whatever. I have 2 blackhawks, and a S&W 657 in this caliber, and have been looking for the Redhawk for some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts