Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email showing Ruger's new state compliant AR-556. Fixed stock with 13.5" of pull, non threaded barrel, 10 round steel magazine and the bayonet lug has been omitted (cuz everyone uses those you know....)

Just realized these compliant states are costing me a little extra cash onna counta companies have to build two different models;)

http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/models.html

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I kinda wish Ruger and others would not even bother to come out with stuff like that. Oh, and I sure would feel a lot safer if someone was pointing something like that at me- said no one ever.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would remove the "adjustable" stock and put an A1 or A2 stock on it then he could carry a small cleaning kit inside. I do not envy you folks in the "banned" states.

kwg

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would remove the "adjustable" stock and put an A1 or A2 stock on it then he could carry a small cleaning kit inside. I do not envy you folks in the "banned" states.

kwg
If the Democrats elect the next President, he/she will likely be able to stack the Supreme Court with anti-2A appointees, given the age of several of the justices.

Then we will ALL live in banned states. The 2016 election is huge.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do find it nice of Ruger in that they generally come out with a model for the masses, and state compliant models are generally released later if at all. To me, it allows them to get things out to the regular folk quicker as opposed to designing two items at the same time.

Even though there isn't much difference, I bet they wish they didn't need to bother with making 2 barrels, two FSP and pinning the stock.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kinda wish Ruger and others would not even bother to come out with stuff like that. Oh, and I sure would feel a lot safer if someone was pointing something like that at me- said no one ever.
That's sarcasm, and for good reason!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess its great news if you think a .222 .223 or 5.56 (whatever) weapon is worth something, 30 cal or bust imho.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I guess its great news if you think a .222 .223 or 5.56 (whatever) weapon is worth something, 30 cal or bust imho.
Um... Tym? Yes, a .30 cal does have some advantages over .223/5.56, but I certainly don't want anyone shooting at me with an AR-15. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts