Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
usa1 chevy...I don't know the years exactly either, but I sold quite a few SP-101s in 2" and in 4" barrel lengths from '96 thru '98 mostly, according to my firearms records. The rear sight was adjustable for windage only. I wish they would have put a rear sight on it like the old Security Six, that could be adjusted for windage and elevation. That is one thing that I did not care for on that revolver...the rear sight was not the best...and I love SPs!

I wish Ruger would introduce a smaller than a SP double action revolver. SPs are built like a tank; I don't think it is necessary for a .22 cal. revolver to be that strong. Ruger knows how to build safe guns; they could do it right!

· Registered
146 Posts
The SP-101. I have one with 4" barrel I purchased new last year. They are not made anymore but may still be in the distributors warehouse somewhere. I love it but not as accurate as some semi auto 22's. Not a bad gun overall.

· Registered
6 Posts
I've seen a few ( very few ) at the Austin gunshow. I've wanted one, but always passed, because the sellers were just a tad too proud of them ( pricey ). But then it seems like so much time passes from when I see one to the next, I usually feel I should have pick "the last one " up. Maybe I'll just do that next time.

Tuckerdog1

· Registered
498 Posts
The newer (Gen 2) SP101 in .22lr as shown above, is an 8 Shoot
Has Fully Adjustable Rear and Fiber Optic Front Sights
They also had a Gen 1 that was a 6 Shoot that was discontinued in the '90s
It came in both Full and Half Lug and the Rear Sight was adjustable for Windage only:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.