Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is my birthday and to celebrate it, I decided to "let it all hang out" and really enjoy some shooting today. One of my kids sent a generous birthday gift with a note enclosed saying to "let 'er rip out at the range on your birthday, Dad!" So, I took her at her word and had a wonderful time!

I only have two handguns -- a 3" SP-101 and a blue P345. Typically on a trip to the range, I shoot 100 rounds in the .45 and perhaps 50 .38 Specials to finish things off. But today, I shot a box of .38 Specials in the revolver, cranked 150 rounds through the .45, and then finished off the session by firing a box of .357 magnums. What fun it all was! ;) Though I let a few shots "get away from me" in that scenario, all in all, I was pleased with my shooting today. Expecially with the 345. That is one honey of a gun, and oh happy day when I chose that one from among the many choices that are out there! That is the gun that may compel me to begin reloading, since it is soooo much fun to shoot! (I picked up and kept my brass today... just in case!) [:p]

Amistad
'pumped up, revved up, and stoked in Texas!'

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Glad you had a good time. You'll find it is a lot of enjoyment to load what you shoot. You will feel that you contributed to the good shooting by good reloading, which you do. :)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Congrats on the birthday... 21 and holding? Sounds like the "ol' thumper" didn't let you down... Just like my P345PR, dependable and FUN... :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Krankypants

Happy Birthday. Let me guess........you're .45?
There are a lot more notches in the ol' pistol handle than that, I'm afraid. Actually, today marks the 26th anniversary of my .38th birthday! :D

Amistad
'old, but happy'

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Now that sounds like one fun time.
By the way:
www.leeprecision.com

just can't help it, always like to see folks reload as it is a great hobby and labor of love!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Happy Birthday and glad to hear you had as much fun as you did. I can't think of any better way to spend a birthday than popping off a few rounds. :D

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Happy Birthday Amistad! What a great way to celebrate it. I too, just celebrated the 26th anniversay of my 38th birthday. That's a pretty cool way to say it - wish I would have thought of that! I've got 2 345s and I feel the same as you about them. Bought one new in Feb of 2006 and a used one last month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts