Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger gang,

Anyone of you ordered your Ruger from Buds Gun Shop in Kentucky?? What was your experience??? Did you get a good specimen??? If you encountered any problem, was it resolved to your satisfaction????

I created an account and was about to order my Mark III rimfire, but suddenly got cold feet.:eek: Thought I'd ask first before doing it. Don't trust buying what I have not actually held in my hand, as I had been burned before doing that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was pleased with my product but their shipping dept is somewhat lacking...and forget communication. I waited over three weeks for a gun that was supposedly in stock and the confirmation message stated would be at my LGS within the week. Also because of similar experiences my dealer will no longer accept transactions from them. Others have had good experiences but I would only order from them if I HAD to.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have purchased 3 firearms from Bud's in the past 2 years. All three arrived- as advertised- at my local FFL within 4 days of my internet order. I have ordered ammo the same way and have yet to have anything negative occur in any transactions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I, too, purchased a gun from Bud, a Beretta 90-Two. I was a little disappointed with the time it took to get shipped, over a week IIRC, but I accepted it because of the great price and free shipping. I had similar experiences with other online vendors, so Bud's for me was okay.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bought from buds twice. No issues with firearm, shipping took over a week the second time. Would still buy from them

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought my JRC 9mm from Buds, took them a week and a half to ship but otherwise all went well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have purchased one firearm and some Mag's from them (seperate orders). Both arrived in less then a week and were trouble free. Would order from them again without hesitation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ive used Buds a few times. usually the best prices you can find w/o some sort of sale going on. my last purchase, a mark III bull was at my FFL within 5 or 6 days. he is on their preferred list, maybe that makes a difference in delivery times.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I purchased my CZ75 SP-01 from them and the gun arrived in great condition, but the cardboard sleeve was beat to heck and back and the hinges on the plastic case were shredded (my LGS kept the cardboard box it arrived in to show that there was no damage from the shipper so it all happened before it left Bud's). Also, it took about 2 1/2 weeks for me to get the gun if I recall. I remember buying it on like a Tuesday and they didn't ship it out until the following Thursday or something absurd. Then UPS ground kept it another couple of days.

I called to check on it multiple times and they would just refer me to the website to check my status. I'm pleased with the gun, but I was annoyed by the huge delay in shipping. Especially because the gun was in-stock. There's no reason it shouldn't have gone out the very next day. They claim that they are so busy that the shipping department can't keep up. If they're that backed up, they need to hire more shipping people. I won't buy from them again.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
No problems here. Good prices, free shipping, what's not,to like?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought my Hunter there, no issues. My second purchase. I ordered it on Sunday evening, My FFL had it Tuesday MORNING.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I suspect the shipping time may be connected to type of payment made, Credit Card,E-Check, etc. The website states that E-Check takes 5 "Business" to make it into Their account, then the item will be shipped.

Having said that, I purchased a few guns from Bud's, all took about 10 days total, counting weekends, to reach my FFL.

All have been as advertised, encountered no problems with doing an E-check at all.

Bud's also has a few guns at slightly lower price for Law Enforcement, Military, etc.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
I suspect the shipping time may be connected to type of payment made, Credit Card,E-Check, etc
Method of payment does make a big difference.

Just checked my account and discovered I've ordered 8 guns from Buds, one was a Ruger.

I opened a credit account with them, so they get their money right away, and my guns have been in my hands in 2 to 4 days. Never had a problem. All have arrived in pristine condition.

I get cash price, immediately pay off that credit card with my main credit card, so I get another 2% cash back.

If I can find a LGS that is in the ball park I'll give them the business, but if they can't compete most are happy to take the exchange fee.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've ordered at least five handguns, ammo, mags, etc. from Bud's. No issues to speak of.
Will order from Bud's again without hesitation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I purchased 2 Ruger firearms earlier this year and had no problems. I think using their "preferred" FFL helps a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts