Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask if $450+shipping sounds like a decent price for a Ruger Security Six S/S .357 w/ 2 3/4'' barrel? It was listed on one of the Internet firearm websites for $500, and when I inquired about it and to see if the price was firm or negotiable the e-mail came back with the reduced price. Hope to get some good pics of it as ad stated it had only been fired about 4 or 5 times.Listed as excellent condition. Recently picked up a Speed Six for $425+ shipping. It has been used but it appears to be in very good shape. would like to get opinions from members on this. THANKS very much! Rd fmn.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I think that's in the neighborhood...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
IN my experience I'd say that's on the high side of OK, but it better be in the condition the seller says it is.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
If it's a stainless steel version I think that's about right, at least in my area. The blued ones are going for around $400-425.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I think that's a pretty good deal on a SS short barrel Six in 357. Those have become very desirable and the prices have climbed. Go for it!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Maybe a little high, but not much

Sounds a little high, but not by much.
The stainless and 2 3/4 barrel security six revolvers seem to sell
at a premium. See if he will go $425 or include the shipping for $450

If you really want it is $25 going to be that big a deal a year from now ?
Ruger Six Series double action revolvers are getting harder to find and
going up in value

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ditto what Kemper said about $25 difference. Depends how bad you really want it. If you are a gun flipper then $25 might make a difference. If you plan on keeping it and really want it, you might be kicking yourself in the arse 6 months from now over the $25. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, that's a fair price in my area, recently got a 2 3/4" SS securty six 151- pre warning in great shape for 425 otd and a speed six last week 2 3/4" SS pre warning for 455 otd. If it's a SIX in SS and under $500 buy it!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
That's a decent price...........I got its blued twin for $375.00 last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts