Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Glock fan and yes to me Glock is Perfection as far as pistols go , but in second place I say Ruger has their own Perfection line. Here's mine .
They have been through the "ringer" and back yet still shoot perfectly !
Lets see some of yours that are shooters and not safe queens .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice looking lineup. Glad you are so happy with them. I have a more varied group of Rugers, but have never had any problems with them and love them all.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to hear guys/gals. I like Glock for the simplicity but after learning the ease of complete disassembly of the P-Series They are very nice and not a bad dent in your wallet plus the overbuilt quality it very sweet .

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
While I'm not very experienced with the Ruger pistols (I've owned a P345 but shot a few others), my experience with the original P-Series says that they were certainly one of the most under estimated series of guns ever produced.

Fugly? You bet! But I've never heard tell of a critical failure common to any of them.

I still think if Ruger had tightened them up a little and raised their price by 50% the world would have taken more notice. I've turned more than one of my friends onto a good used one when it came up at the LGS.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I am a Ruger fan. the Glocks are OK but they feel like a concrete block in my hand. own a G20 and a G29, carry the G29. if Ruger made a 10mm semi auto, that is what I'd carry.
today I took my SR9 and mySR45 out to the conservation club. man do they work! that SR45 may be the most accurate 45 I have ever owned. maybe the most accurate pistol in any caliber.
went through 200 9mm, and 150 45's with only good results. as expected, no failures of any type and lights out accuracy. maybe next the SR40 and 40c.
it is really good to be retired!

·
Banned
650 Posts
I had a P95 it was a great bedside or truck gun. It wasn't a lot of fun at the range and it was hard to carry. A gun as large as the P95 should be made with a 5" barrel. Accessories are virtually non existent for the P95. I hate kydex holsters. So I was stuck with a Blackhawk generic holster. I thought I was going to be stuck carrying a 380 acp most of the time. Then I got a G19 and I could hear angels singing. My next pistol purchase will likely be a G26.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

I don't need a Glock, I have my P89 DAO:)

Since put Pachmayrs on it, this thing eats any 9mm I feed it. Even the dirt cheap sketchy probably slightly out of spec $20 per 100 once or twice fired brass reloads you buy in Ziploc bags at gun shows. With the industrial sized extractror I have no fear of using steel case, but I plan to track down a few spares while they are still available.

I even admit sometimes I'll put a few mags through it and get lazy, and before I shoot it again I'll just let a drop of Kroil run down each slide rail, it still runs 100%, won't hurt anything. Truth be told I've had it for 3 years and haven't had the slide off yet.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
I am a Glock fan and yes to me Glock is Perfection as far as pistols go , but in second place I say Ruger has their own Perfection line. Here's mine .
They have been through the "ringer" and back yet still shoot perfectly !
Lets see some of yours that are shooters and not safe queens .
Tercel ... I've yet to meet a glock that I cared for, but that's just me as I am not a striker fired pistol fan in general :).

Regarding the P Series however, I've had some degree of perfection. My P95 is over 15,000 rounds without a single failure ever and my P345 (approaching 5,000 rounds) only had two failure to feeds during the 1st 50 rounds. Additionally, given that they are well built and accurate for combat grade pistols, they say "perfect" to me :) YMMV

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have Glock & Colt auto handguns but shot a friends P95 and we bonded immediately. I'm waiting for him to sell it then we can be together.

·
Registered
358 Posts
imho ruger should have kept this line

but i prefer hammer fired over striker

and something about an external safety i like too

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
In the duty size pistol category, I'll take a P-Series over anything else.

My P944

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I almost snagged a P89DC off Gunbroker today. I'm bidding on a P95 so I don't have the cash for two right now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is great to hear all the P-Series love ! I just got my son a Black P94 to start out with . I started out with a P-89. Here is his P94 net to my Stainless P94.

Attachments

·
Rifleman
1,630 Posts
I'll play! :) P90 and P89. Both first yr generations of each. The P89 I inherited from my recently passed father. Had never been fired until I got a hold of it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great looking collection.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I bought a P90 in 91 and still have it and it is nice,

but in pistol land once Ruger came out with the SR1911 and in CMD size then that is where i have gone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts