Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My four most recent Ruger purchases have all had issues with the sights. The 10/22 takedown didn't have the sight centered on the barrel, no problem just drift it a bit. The SR9C did not have the rear sight centered on the slide, again no big deal loosen things up and drift it.

GP100 match champion purchased last week same deal not centered. Bought the adjustable sight version because of past history. Did have to center the pin which holds on the adjustable rear sight.

SR 22 has been my undoing bought it between the SR9C and the GP100. Got it and the plastic based rear sight wasn't centered. Drifted it over shot a few rounds and its floating around in the channel again. Moved it back and tightened set screws. Same thing shoot it and the rear sight is floating around again. OK explains why I can't hit much with it consistently. Had gunsmith install williams fire sights. Try to dial it in and still can't hit reliably. The rear sights were a problem but in trying to figure that out I noticed the barrel crown has issues, its at Ruger getting looked at as I write this.

Here is my question, while talking to the gal at Mayodan NC location I learn that to report my concerns about the manufacturing quality I am experiencing regarding the rear sights, I have to sort through Ruger's locations and call each one to make them aware of the issues.

Does anyone know of a single number I can call to report these concerns? So far no luck and as a customer I have trouble believing I need to make multiple calls. Love Ruger's products but the last 4 of the 8 I own are starting to shake my confidence in how much attention Ruger is paying.

If you have a suggestion for a single point of contact I would appreciate it if you pass it along. I don't want to go down the path of Ruger bashing I would just as soon keep that conversation between me and the folks at Ruger but I can't seem to find a point of contact that doesn't require me to call a different location based on which plant makes the model I'm concerned about.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Yeah, I second going right to the top, Rugers rapid growth and resent expansion has lowered the QC a bit...good thing their CS is top notch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts