Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel dumb right now. I was taking out the teigger assembly when the pawl fell of. I did not notice it at the time, but i think a spring was launched out when the pawl fell out. So when I put the gun back together the gun would not cycle unless it was pointed down. I realized a spring wasnt there so i looked around but I could not find it. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Try to find an exploded diagram of your gun. There's one in the owners manual (online at www.ruger.com) or other gun parts sites.

Since the gun is so old you better hope you find that spring too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked in the manual and no springs are mentioned in the blow up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!!! It is sad though, because one of those parts is sold out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Web searching is your friend.
Look on sites like ebay and gunbroker.com
Don't search for the specific part; but something more general like Security Six, or Service Six, or Speed Six
You may find a number of parts being sold as a group.
Trust me, I know, I have been scouring the web looking for a blued ejector rod for my Speed Six
You may end up having to buy something like this:
Ruger Factory Security-Six Blued Trigger Guard 357 : Small Pistol Parts at GunBroker.com
or
Ruger Security Six 357 Cal Stainless Trigger Stainless Trigger Assembly P 110 | eBay
But you'll get your part and then have other spare parts as well.
The ebay link would be a good one for you it shows the spring and plunger pictured in the trigger.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I found both parts on numrich under the ruger service six! Thank yall for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts