Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a great experience with Ruger. Had a Vaquero .44-40 that I bought off a gun site (not here). When I got it from my FFL dealer the barrel was trash and we both thought it was unsafe to fire. I talked to the man who sold it to me and basicly he said to bad it is your problem now. He did admit that the gun had had a drill bit run down it, and had failed to mention that to me or in the ad before I bought it. Long story short, I sent it to Ruger to get it checked for safety and fixed. Ruger said they did not have the parts it would take to salvage the Vaquero, but offered me a new Blackhawk as a replacement. I'm sure they did not want to send me an unsafe gun to shoot, so they gave me another option. I call that great customer service, that they did not have to offer at all. It was the first time I had to have one of my guns sent off the Ruger and love the fact that Ruger's service is as strong as their guns. I will spread the word of Ruger's good name to anyone who will hear it. I would not hesitate to send any of my Rugers off to them ever again.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm surprised they would do that but good customer service is just that! And possibly another reason to buy new when you can or at least be sure of the gun you buy before laying down the cash. Months ago I posted about people having a lemon/junk of a gun and selling it to someone that they would use for self defense. I think it's very wrong to sell a problem gun unless the buyer knows about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts