Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a 25 minute step by step process on how to do a trigger job on all your single action revolvers. I replaced the trigger return spring. A video on how to replace the hammer main spring will be up next.
This was performed on a new model Ruger Single Six, but can be performed on all Ruger single action firearms, except the bearcat.

The instructions will be typically the same for each gun, the vaquero may vary slightly in screw placement and possible allen wrench.

Here's the link:
Ruger Single Action Trigger Job Ruger Single Six, Single Ten, Blackhawk, Vaqeuro - YouTube

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Great video. Thanks for posting. For your next production......
A video on how to replace the hammer main spring will be up next.
you might consider the following part from Brownells.

MAINSPRING COMPRESSOR | Brownells

I too have done many an action job on several different guns, Rugers especially and this tool has saved many a fowl word after launching a spring to the far reaches of my garage. It can be clamped into a vise or it has a tab on it to push against the edge of one's bench top (the way I do it) and it make an otherwise tough job to a simple spring swap. Smithy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.