Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ruger Board!
I have a Ruger Single Six New Model (9.5" barrel) that appears to have been made in 1973 SN# 62-36822. I have both 22LR and 22WMR cylinders. Grips are probably not original, as they are white. The cylinders do not have any markings that I can find (?) It does not have a "3 screw" pattern, if that matters(?). It does not have any "warning-read manual" type print stamped on it, which I heard came in later years. Some rub marks on the blueing- looks like normal holster wear. I inherited it from a deceased relative. While I don't intend to sell, I'd greatly appreciate any info/appraisals/expertise. Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,411 Posts
The catalog number for your New Model Single-Six is NR9. The 9 1/2" models are still in production so they are not considered rare or even scarce. MSRP for a brand new NR9 is $629 with a dealer cost of about $440. So, the value would likely be in the $300~325 range. The gun was shipped with XR3-RED Walnut grips which are pretty easy to find.

1973 was the first year of production for New Model Single-Sixes and they haven't changed, except they now come with plastic grips. The "Warning" barrel roll mark was started in 1978 (SN 66-00406 and after).

Cherish your NR9 and shoot it as often as possible!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts