Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Ruger Forum, I am a gun dealer who works out of the house. I have a client who has 2 Rugers that I am in the process of cleaning up and I am trying to evaluate the value of these 2 models. One is a Ruger Special edition 32-20, that states serial number 58-90795. And the other one is a Ruger 627-5 BCF3680 stamped inside the gun. This is an 8 shot. I purchased a subscription to Blue book gun values and do not see anything on either of these guns. I can find pictures of them, you tube videos on them, but that is about it. I know they are not 100% probably between 90-95%. He left them in the basement and the 357 has some visible surface rust on it. Any information on these would be very helpful. Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to be snarky, but I question your credibility as a "gun dealer" if you can't tell the difference between a Ruger and a S&W. The 627-5 is an 8-shot N-frame S&W chambered for .357 Magnum. Here is a 627-5 Performance Center model...

The serial number format you list (three alpha characters followed by four numeric characters) is also consistent with S&W. If the S&W is a PC model as pictured, value would be in the $800 - $1100 range in good condition. If it is a regular production model reduce those values by about $100 to $150.

The Ruger serial number appears to be consistent with Ruger serial numbers and I believe the .32-20 was a convertible model Blackhawk that came with a .32 H&R Magnum cylinder also. I believe that model to be fairly rare, but have no idea as to value. I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to comment on that

Adios,

Pizza Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you pizza Bob, I will refrain from being snarky back. Thank you, I know what the guy has. I know what it is, if you read the post, I said that I can find them on the internet, and on you tube. My post was asking for help locating a value on the pistols. I am a home based dealer, It is not what the pays the bills:) I have both a bible and on line value book however both do not list either of these models as they are special runs. I am not a revolver guy hence the reason I asked for help. I appreciate the time you took to answer. Hopefully the next guy wont be so snarky:) Such a warm welcome to this forum.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think you missed his not so subtle point. My Samsung I-phone is broken so I'm going to drive to the library in my Ford Camry since my Chevy Cherokee is in the shop and look up.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Calling yourself a gun dealer implies a certain level of expertise in firearms. Calling a S&W revolver a Ruger suggests a lack of expertise. Asking for valuation help from strangers on an Internet forum doesn’t help.

Condition is everything. You provide no photos. Do you have boxes, papers and such? Neither gun is “rare”. How can the 627-5 be “90-95%” if there’s visible rust on it?

You haven’t provided much info so any valuation offered is a shot in the dark. Add the current market climate and who really knows what anything is worth right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. I do not have the guns in my possession, I am simply going off the information the owner provided. He said it was a ruger.. so sorry for the confusion. the pics he sent me were partials. I will try being more specific and will try getting the pics posted. I do have the RUGER information on the 32-20. I did look up the serial number and did find the
Ruger's website has a cereal # look up
View attachment 146319
Thank you sir for this information. I did look it up on that web site as well. I think the problem is that the gun bible I am using to find out its value does not list special runs. Pictures to follow. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calling yourself a gun dealer implies a certain level of expertise in firearms. Calling a S&W revolver a Ruger suggests a lack of expertise. Asking for valuation help from strangers on an Internet forum doesn’t help.

Condition is everything. You provide no photos. Do you have boxes, papers and such? Neither gun is “rare”. How can the 627-5 be “90-95%” if there’s visible rust on it?

You haven’t provided much info so any valuation offered is a shot in the dark. Add the current market climate and who really knows what anything is worth right now.
Thank you sir, I will admit, I am a rookie, part time dealer. I dibble and dabble in it but never claimed to be an expert. The 627-5 pics he sent me were sitting on the 32-20 ruger case, now that I looked back at them. Sorry for bringing that one into this forum.. his pics were not very good, all i could see was the beautiful ruger case it was being pictured with. So sorry! I am also not a professional grader.

Anyway here are some pics of this so called special edition 32-20.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just a passing thought. If you are buying and or selling guns you had better be at least a somewhat “expert” because you are into one of the three fields that people get “skinned” more often than anything else and that is guns, cars, and knives. Can I get an Amen?

·
Registered
766 Posts
The Vaquero is a Model KBNV-324X, it's one of 273 that was distributed by Davidson's. Rare firearm so condition means everything, if unfired ANIB I would put it in the $1,000 range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a passing thought. If you are buying and or selling guns you had better be at least a somewhat “expert” because you are into one of the three fields that people get “skinned” more often than anything else and that is guns, cars, and knives. Can I get an Amen?
Amen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Vaquero is a Model KBNV-324X, it's one of 273 that was distributed by Davidson's. Rare firearm so condition means everything, if unfired ANIB I would put it in the $1,000 range.
Thank you so much sir. Finally someone who knows something about this bad boy. I had numerous people look at it and they all said they had never seen this particular item. Guess that when you only make 273, most people don't have much information on them. You are my Hero!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
You're welcome, the KBNV-324X has a 4 5/8" barrel but they also made 283 of a 5 1/2" barreled version, the KBNV-325X. Special Vaquero there, my advise is to hang onto it or find the right collector, I wouldn't shoot that one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
New to the Ruger Forum, I am a gun dealer who works out of the house. I have a client who has 2 Rugers that I am in the process of cleaning up and I am trying to evaluate the value of these 2 models. One is a Ruger Special edition 32-20, that states serial number 58-90795. And the other one is a Ruger 627-5 BCF3680 stamped inside the gun. This is an 8 shot. I purchased a subscription to Blue book gun values and do not see anything on either of these guns. I can find pictures of them, you tube videos on them, but that is about it. I know they are not 100% probably between 90-95%. He left them in the basement and the 357 has some visible surface rust on it. Any information on these would be very helpful. Thank you
Hey, WELCOME, and the best of luck to your budding gun business! We ALL had to start somewhere, and many here are not weapons mavens, although they may be the most vocal. Of course, they can be brave hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet and forum, and seemingly never have been raised with the concept of good manners, or polite conversation or perhaps don't care. Anyway, Happy you got your questions answered after a while. I hope you stick around.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, WELCOME, and the best of luck to your budding gun business! We ALL had to start somewhere, and many here are not weapons mavens, although they may be the most vocal. Of course, they can be brave hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet and forum, and seemingly never have been raised with the concept of good manners, or polite conversation or perhaps don't care. Anyway, Happy you got your questions answered after a while. I hope you stick around.:cool:
Thank you kind sir. I appreciate the kind words.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts