Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a ruger sr22. It was very rusted and full of grit dirt and sand. I've pulled it apart (field breakdown) cleaned it multiple times with oil and used a ultra sonic cleaner multiple times.
When I take the slide off the barrel falls right out. Most Youtube videos show the barrel staying on the frame during field breakdown. Also there appears to be a hole for a screw to attach the barrel to the frame. I have not removed any screw from here, and when I look at parts diagrams, I cannot see a screw that should go here. Does anybody know, should there be a screw holding the barrel in place on the frame?

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Part 68 Barrel screw. + 41 barrel screw lock washer.
SR22 Pistol (ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com)
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from Ohio.
**Page 40 and 41 shows parts diagram. Page 26 shows barrel. The manual is a keeper for this SR22. Take the time and put the effort to bring it back to life . You just may enjoy this rimfire. I love the ones I have. Call Ruger customer service for help. Update us when time allows.
**This forum is a good one use it and be safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I'm excited to bring this little gun back to life! I want to get my wife and kids shooting this gun. I have a couple of other magnum pistols that they don't like...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've ordered the bolt and washer. Will I be able to get it into place without pulling the guts out of the frame? Will I be able to get it in through the trigger guard? I don't have the punches needed to pull the internals out like Youtube videos show.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Part 68 Barrel screw. + 41 barrel screw lock washer.
SR22 Pistol (ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com)
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from Ohio.
**Page 40 and 41 shows parts diagram. Page 26 shows barrel. The manual is a keeper for this SR22. Take the time and put the effort to bring it back to life . You just may enjoy this rimfire. I love the ones I have. Call Ruger customer service for help. Update us when time allows.
**This forum is a good one use it and be safe.
Agreed. The SR22 is a winner.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
As others said, YES ... Hopefully you or someone else didn't try shooting it with the barrel unattached ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered the bolt and washer. Will I be able to get it into place without pulling the guts out of the frame? Will I be able to get it in through the trigger guard? I don't have the punches needed to pull the internals out like Youtube videos show.
Simple, no further disassembly. IIRC, it's a 9/64 hex wrench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts