Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

So I was buying ammo for my SR40c yesterday, and I've heard/read many people say some ammo was better than others and that some ammo causes FTF etc. What do you guys think? I ended up buying Federal ammo from walmart instead of Winchester white box. The Federal is 180 grain FMJ.

Any suggestions or recommendations on your ammo preference?

- Justin

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...You may want to post this question in the "Ammo Dump" for more concise answers...

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Welcome from central Kansas.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome from north Georgia. Your SR40 should feed any FMJ or JHP. The only bullet profiles you might have trouble with are SWC and conical nosed. The best thing to do is try some boxes of practice FMJ and carry JHP and see what your gun likes. If you run at least 200 rounds of one type of bullet, you'll have a pretty good idea if it will be reliable.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada!! enjoy the forum and your ruger!!

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome from south Louisiana!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hi Justin - Welcome from SW Florida. I haven't found anything yet my SR40C wouldn't eat but I haven't tried 'em all. I usually carry Hornady Critical Defense otherwise it's whatever's on sale.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Welcome from Alabama, i have the SR40 and use WWB, i have had no problems with them, i like the way Winchester rolls the lip of the casing this to me can help prevent feeding issues especially on a new gun :)

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welccome...I am new to the forum too, I have shot the federal from walmart with no problems. I have also shot the winchester (white box) and usually have at least one light strike per 100 round box. I usually stick with the federal or the umc from walmart for target shooting no problems from either of those.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome from barely north of you in Michigan. I have the SR40. I've shot Winchester and Federal off the shelf with no issues. I mainly reload for target and it's shot all of it. The bullets have always been flat points in the reloads at this point. Been through about 800 rounds in a little less than a year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justin - from "The Mountain State" of West Virginia

I have used both the Federal and WWB from Walmart in my S&W MP40 with no issues from either.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My SR9, SR40 and SR40c have run good with every brand and type of ammo that i have ever tried, the .40 cals. have used everything from cast to JHP from 135 gr. up to 180 gr. and there has never been any problem with any of it. They are all vary dependable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.